Dalvin Cook/USC

Like some of the other posters, Im tired of hearing about this guy. We are in good shape with a back like Yearby coming in. Gus the bus is going to do well for us especially when he gets bigger.
i hope you don't mind reading about Rudolph, Lane, Tyre Brady and Cook. They might all be wearing orange and green before it's all said and done. Dollars to doughnuts we land at least two of them. All four would not surprise anyone in the know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Count me in the "whatever" category. Yes, Id like to have the kid, but he's dont nothing at all to indicate he has ANY interest in coming here. Anyone deluding themselves into thinking he's coming here, is going to be sorely disappointed. **** its worth than the Thomas debacle from last year, at least he was uncommitted, though clearly uninterested. Cook is committed elsewhere, and has expressed almost no serious interest in coming here.

Stop setting yourself up for disappointment. Focus on the kids who want to come here, or who we have a legit shot at.

Living in LA, I've never understood this fascination with SC over UCLA. Sure SC has a more storied football tradition, but SC is in the ghetto. Overtown and Liberty City make South Central look like Beverly Hills, but it is still the hood, and resembles The ideal of SoCal like Overtown to South Beach.
West Side is the ideal of Los Angeles. The rest of Los Angeles away from Santa Monica, Westwood, Century City, Beverly Hills and West Hollywood is a shiithouse.

Advertisement
Living in LA, I've never understood this fascination with SC over UCLA. Sure SC has a more storied football tradition, but SC is in the ghetto. Overtown and Liberty City make South Central look like Beverly Hills, but it is still the hood, and resembles The ideal of SoCal like Overtown to South Beach.
West Side is the ideal of Los Angeles. The rest of Los Angeles away from Santa Monica, Westwood, Century City, Beverly Hills and West Hollywood is a shiithouse.

Agreed. UCLA sits in paradise.

Where do you live? The whole coast in LA is very nice just like all the neighborhoods in the mountains. A lot of them. UCLA is near both.

A lot of great places around LA. Most good neighborhoods you cannot touch a house for under 700,000 and many they are over a million.

A lot of ***** places like around USC.

Where do you live? The whole coast in LA is very nice just like all the neighborhoods in the mountains. A lot of them. UCLA is near both.

A lot of great places around LA. Most good neighborhoods you cannot touch a house for under 700,000 and many they are over a million.

A lot of ****y places like around USC.

That's my point.

West Side is beautiful. Also like 10 degrees cooler than the valleys.
Of course Malibu, The Palisades etc are beautiful, but most UCLA football players are living in or around Westwood and not in multi million dollar beach houses. They have to settle for simple million dollar houses or condos/apartments while being surrounded by tens of thousands of the most beautiful girls/women in America. That might be the reason UCLA isn't as storied as USC: Bruin players wear themselves out banging grade 10 beauties Sundy through Friday night.

Some people in life feel like they're better than everyone else they're around and they have to do something different to show it. Going to some USC program that's sucking balls, down scholarships, without a head coach.... there isn't a lot of logic in that type of choice other than it's a "wow" thing that would differentiate him from other SoFla kids. I don't know Dalvin Cook or have any connection to him, but the way he's approached his recruitment - at least what we see in the public - makes me wonder if he's one of those types. Thomas was similar last year even though he went to FSU... I don't think he had any love for FSU or USC, he just knew he was "too good" for Miami.

Could be way wrong, just slightly get that feeling here.

Edit 1 - Kid is an amazing talent. We would be a better team with him.

Edit 2 - Joseph MF'ing Yearby, also.

Advertisement
I have watched Cook and watched Yearby. Both are fine backs but Yearby needs less of a hole to make yardage has better vision and lateral movement. Cook is bigger and faster in a straight line but unless he develops some more wiggle I think College defenses will be able to stop him easier.

Some people in life feel like they're better than everyone else they're around and they have to do something different to show it. Going to some USC program that's sucking balls, down scholarships, without a head coach.... there isn't a lot of logic in that type of choice other than it's a "wow" thing that would differentiate him from other SoFla kids. I don't know Dalvin Cook or have any connection to him, but the way he's approached his recruitment - at least what we see in the public - makes me wonder if he's one of those types. Thomas was similar last year even though he went to FSU... I don't think he had any love for FSU or USC, he just knew he was "too good" for Miami.

Could be way wrong, just slightly get that feeling here.

Edit 1 - Kid is an amazing talent. We would be a better team with him.

Edit 2 - Joseph MF'ing Yearby, also.

Not that they think they are better. If you had an opportunity to go anywhere in the country where would you go? Some want to stay home and play in front of friends and family and some might not like their friends and family that much. Some want new scenery. It is simple as that.

But as far as a top football program and a great education UM is hard to beat.

LULZ at him going to USC when they don't even have a coach. The kid just likes to get people talking about him. And double LULZ at uf.ag because one of their top commits is coming out telling everyone he loves another school that doesn't even have a coach.

UM will continue recruiting him, and I hope we do. But I will continue not caring or listening to anything he says because it's all nonsense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back