dallas crawford twitter

Golden wasn't blindsided by anything.....anyone remotely paying attention to the football program knew their was accusations that would lead to an investigation. Keep believing that bs line by golden and his agent that they were blindsided....smdh

Um, you dont think the school might have not known the severity of or downplayed the accusations just a little bit? And if what you are saying is true, certainly the school would have come right back at them with the same thing you are saying.

Advertisement
Th Shapiro mess was reported a year before the NCAA started their investigation.
The better question is Did Al do a thorough home inspection before deciding to buy?
Not was he blindsided?

There was talk on the premium football board of Canestime in the fall of 2010 about Shapiro. If we all knew about the rumors then Golden knew about the rumors. I don't remember who, but there was one poster in particular who was very adamant that Miami was going to get into trouble over Shapiro

There was talk on the premium football board of Canestime in the fall of 2010 about Shapiro. If we all knew about the rumors then Golden knew about the rumors. I don't remember who, but there was one poster in particular who was very adamant that Miami was going to get into trouble over Shapiro

I fully believe he was aware of Shapiro, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was like most of the fanbase back then and thought Shapiro was just a bitter con artist. I also wouldnt be surprised if the school led him to believe that, whether it was b/c they didnt think there was any validity to Shapiro's claim, underestimated the severity and/or knowingly mislead Golden I dont know - again, all speculation.

The reason I believe that is b/c of the extension; if Golden did know about the true severity of the claims prior to his first contract, he would have had no leverage over the school and they wouldnt have had to extend him.

I've always suspected Al was playing dumb as to insulate himself as much as possible on the recruiting trail. Playing it up to parents and kids who were really put off by the story, since he wasn't here when it happened.

Advertisement
I've always suspected Al was playing dumb as to insulate himself as much as possible on the recruiting trail. Playing it up to parents and kids who were really put off by the story, since he wasn't here when it happened.

I dont know though, the problem with that approach would be that if I was a parent I would say 'well what else don't you know.'

Advertisement
Back