2024 Dakoda Fields 4* CB from Gardena, CA

Advertisement
Since most of you won’t know the school, that high school is in the South Bay area of Los Angeles in the Catholic league so they play schools you do know like Chaminade (brad kaaya) and Oaks Christian among others. They put a bunch of people in the league over the last decade, a lot of receivers like Robert Woods. If I’m not mistaken, they were ranked this last season in the greater LA area, which would be like saying ranking in Dade Broward Palm Beach top 10 or top 15. School is no joke. They have won state Division titles within the last 15 years.

I’m not a tape guy, I’m not going to try to act like I can break stuff down by some of the pros here, but I did see them play live in person one time and I was impressed. If he’s actually part of the radar for this next year I’ll definitely go check out a couple games this season.

Last edited:
Gonna be tough to beat USC & Oregon in this one.

Serra (Southern CA) is historically a USC feeder school, but Oregon is also in the thick of it with this one because they signed his teammate Rodrick Pleasant last year, the Speed Demon who ran a 10.14. & Demetrice Martin is a really strong recruiter/coach on the West Coast.

But I like that we’re throwing our hat in the ring.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fail Novak Djokovic GIF by Australian Open

Honestly I don’t care how it happens or the behind-the-scenes games or whatever…

Start landing big name kids. That’s the name of the game. We did it last year and we need to do it again this year. That’s what these next two months need to provide. We need tangible results before taking the field.

You were right. SC won out. Schools are working really hard to get commitments prior to kids visiting Miami.

I try to keep my ears to the streets when it’s my backyard.

Serra is literally 7 minutes away from me, & I’ve had several lil homies play there who still keep in touch w/ the youngins there.

Imma keep it 💯, some of these West Coast kids we’re after are pipe dreams. Right now, with NIL in the mix, & I’m not just talking about bags, I’m talking endorsement opportunities, there’ll be a lot of SC/UO battles, & we’ll be the red headed step child.

Advertisement

Serra is literally 7 minutes away from me, & I’ve had several lil homies play there who still keep in touch w/ the youngins there.

Imma keep it 💯, so of these West Coast kids we’re after are pipe dreams. Right now, with NIL in the mix, & I’m not just talking about bags, I’m talking endorsement opportunities, there’ll be a lot of SC/UO battles, & we’ll be the red headed step child.
Glad to hear someone in that neck of woods say it, bc it seems like it to me.

Hope the staff realizes this.

You were right. SC won out. Schools are working really hard to get commitments prior to kids visiting Miami.
Schools are working really hard to get commitments as soon as possible with the recruiting calendar moving so far up and most prospects taking most of their OVs in the summer.

Imma keep it 💯, some of these West Coast kids we’re after are pipe dreams. Right now, with NIL in the mix, & I’m not just talking about bags, I’m talking endorsement opportunities, there’ll be a lot of SC/UO battles, & we’ll be the red headed step child.
Even without NIL, I don’t think people realize what a pain in the *** it is to be a kid from one coast and go play in the opposite coast. Especially when you can play somewhere comparable near by. Sure some kids do it but it’s the exception not the rule.

Advertisement
Glad to hear someone in that neck of woods say it, bc it seems like it to me.

Hope the staff realizes this.

Listen, I’m all for the staff going out & casting a wide net. I’m not a Debbie Downer; as I’ve said many times, I’m a realist. If u ask me if this glass half full or half empty, my response will be that chit has water in it. That said, just like a fisherman who’s going after a certain type of fish wouldn’t want to haphazardly cast a net in certain parts of waters that will yield fruitless results, neither should we.

Serra is a major feeder school to SC, probably one of the biggest. Even during their lean yrs, they fed SC. When Riley got hired by SC, my first comment was Mario leave now, b/c I knew the fence would be put back up. We might have a little success w/ Bosco b/c those dudes ain’t necessarily loyal, & maaaaaaaybe a little traction with Mater Dei, but I wouldn’t waste resources on Serra, Poly.

Listen, I’m all for the staff going out & casting a wide net. I’m not a Debbie Downer; as I’ve said many times, I’m a realist. If u ask me if this glass half full or half empty, my response will be that chit has water in it. That said, just like a fisherman who’s going after a certain type of fish wouldn’t want to haphazardly cast a net in certain parts of waters that will yield fruitless results, neither should we.

Serra is a major feeder school to SC, probably one of the biggest. Even during their lean yrs, they fed SC. When Riley got hired by SC, my first comment was Mario leave now, b/c I knew the fence would be put back up. We might have a little success w/ Bosco b/c those dudes ain’t necessarily loyal, & maaaaaaaybe a little traction with Mater Dei, but I wouldn’t waste resources on Serra, Poly.
I think they have traction with Breyland from what I’ve read, but don’t see Baker as a legit possibility. USC is struggling with Breyland themselves. Maybe he ends up at Oregon though.

I think they have traction with Breyland from what I’ve read, but don’t see Baker as a legit possibility. USC is struggling with Breyland themselves. Maybe he ends up at Oregon though.

Yeah, I’ve been asked about him, & I legit can’t get a feel on him or his recruitment. I mean, I’ve talked to ppl w/ direct ties to Mater Dei & it’s all over. From what I heard, it feels like he’s cool being out of state, just don’t know much about him or his recruitment aspirations.

That said, just like a fisherman who’s going after a certain type of fish wouldn’t want to haphazardly cast a net in certain parts of waters that will yield fruitless results, neither should we.
Lemme tell ya, I was in a bass tournament last weekend and I hooked into a catfish…. When I needed to cull one last fish to finish in the money and reel in a flathead, it’s disappointing to say the least 😂

Advertisement
Back