Dade County Rushing leaders to date:

These guys are gonna forever be compared/linked just like Cadillac Willams and Ronnie Brown were at Aub. And even into their pro careers. Everyone always said Ronnie was the more physical freak but Caddie was the better pure back. I dont know who won the argument cuz both had really good college careers, had good stretches in the NFL where they were VERY good, and I think both are out the league now. I can see Cook and Yearby having the same path as them.

Advertisement
These guys are gonna forever be compared/linked just like Cadillac Willams and Ronnie Brown were at Aub. And even into their pro careers. Everyone always said Ronnie was the more physical freak but Caddie was the better pure back. I dont know who won the argument cuz both had really good college careers, had good stretches in the NFL where they were VERY good, and I think both are out the league now. I can see Cook and Yearby having the same path as them.

Ronnie Brown still collecting checks with the Chargers, saw him and his teammates choke it up against Texans last night

What happened to that mark Walton kid from BTW, isn't he supposed to be like the next big dade running back

Luke Stampini ‏@LukeStampini 1h
6 touches, 5 touchdowns, 3 called back for 5-star RB Dalvin Cook tonight

Advertisement
Broward
PLAYER SCHOOL ATT YDS AVG TDS
Jordan Scarlett University School 32 319 10.0 5
Rodney Holmes Hollywood Hills 44 302 6.9 0
Eric Pittman Miramar 20 191 9.6 1
Jawanza Evans-Morris Taravella 29 174 6.0 1
Dylan Rupert Cypress Bay 27 173 6.4 2
Arthur Forrest.Chaminade-Madonna 22 169 7.7 1
Aeron McNeal Deerfield Beach 22 160 7.3 4
Chris Lammons Plantation 22 159 7.2 0
Brandon Powell Deerfield Beach 21 157 7.5 4
Janarvis Pugh McArthur 6 156 26.0 1
Travonte Franklin Boyd Anderson 35 142 4.1 1
Semar Smith Taravella 31 133 4.3 1
Lucas Tellefsen Cypress Bay 24 129 5.4 2
LaJuan Hunt University School 11 123 11.2 0
Travis Liburd Piper 21 122 5.8 1
Deon McIntosh Cardinal Gibbons 17 105 6.2 1
Taj McGowan Hallandale 25 104 4.2 2
Spencer Saliba Westminster Academy 15 101 6.7 1

[video=youtube;5QAZXZzqhkw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5QAZXZzqhkw[/video]

Advertisement
Stat Update:

RUSHING
PLAYER ATT YDS AVG TDS
Joseph Yearby 60 515 8.6 4
Dalvin Cook 33 363 11.0 8

They're 1-2 in Dade & Broward combined. Cook has twice the TD's on half the carries...and averages 2.4 more yards a carry. Last year Cook averaged 4.6 more yds per carry. Year before that Cook averaged 2.1 more yards per carry.

The popular statement is "Yearby is the better RB, Cook is the home run hitter". Call me crazy, but if Cook consistently gets 2+ more yards in the same backfield, wouldn't that make him the better RB?

I'd break it down like this: Yearby can take us to an ACC Championship, Cook can take us to a National Championship

Stat Update:

RUSHING
PLAYER ATT YDS AVG TDS

They're 1-2 in Dade & Broward combined. Cook has twice the TD's on half the carries...and averages 2.4 more yards a carry. Last year Cook averaged 4.6 more yds per carry. Year before that Cook averaged 2.1 more yards per carry.

The popular statement is "Yearby is the better RB, Cook is the home run hitter". Call me crazy, but if Cook consistently gets 2+ more yards in the same backfield, wouldn't that make him the better RB?

I'd break it down like this: Yearby can take us to an ACC Championship, Cook can take us to a National Championship

No, because nobody knows if Cook would keep averaging the same YPC if he got double the caries. I doubt he would. I do think Cook is a better player though.

Advertisement
Stat Update:

RUSHING
PLAYER ATT YDS AVG TDS

Less home run opportunities against more disciplined and talented college defenses. Yearby's style produces more immediately and consistently.

PLAYER SCHOOL ATT YDS AVG TDS
Joseph Yearby Miami Central 74 643 8.7 6
Sean Carranza Ferguson 79 638 8.1 3
Gregory Howell Coral Gables 89 632 7.1 5
George Jacobsen Coral Shores 47 606 12.9 7
Malik Thomas Miami Springs 72 565 7.8 6
Dalvin Cook Miami Central 43 518 12 11
Jordan Cronkrite Westminster 39 506 13 3
Brandon Powell Deerfield Beach 52 492 9.5 8
Henry Bussey Hialeah 46 460 10 9
Javis Johnson Barrington 35 438 12.5 4

Advertisement
Call me crazy, but if Cook consistently gets 2+ more yards in the same backfield, wouldn't that make him the better RB?

Gus Edwards has higher YPC than Duke. Who you taking? You cannot look at this so simplistically.

Let's assume these two stick (Yearby and Powell) and Cook and Michel don't come to UM. Do you take another RB this year?

2013 Depth Chart

Duke
Crawford
Edwards
Yearby
Powell

Advertisement
Back