Dabo just had his corch moment

orange&green84

All-ACC
Up 2 with a minute left and you go for it on 4th and short. Yes, easy to say that after the fact.

But around the 35-40 yard line, just punt it.

Advertisement
Up 2 with a minute left and you go for it on 4th and short. Yes, easy to say that after the fact.

But around the 35-40 yard line, just punt it.

a minute left in the game and pitt had one timeout? and you can pin them at least on their 20?

uwotm8 you went for it?

That was the corchingest move I've seen in quite some time. Pin them and make them drive!

offense had 630 total yards.

defense gave up 465 total yards.

Do you trust the offense to gain 1 yard more than the defense to give up 40 yards?

It seems like a total crapshoot honestly.

Advertisement
offense had 630 total yards.

defense gave up 465 total yards.

Do you trust the offense to gain 1 yard more than the defense to give up 40 yards?

It seems like a total crapshoot honestly.

570 yards was passing. Pitt has a pretty stout DL.

I mean I know, I watched the game, but they were on what like the 34? So a punt only gives them 15 yards.

He's probably thinking if they're going to drive and win from the 35, the 20 isn't going to make a difference.

On the flip side if they punt, Pitt drives 45 yards and kicks a fg - everyone is saying "you had 630 yards of offense and didn't go for 4th and 1? Corch."

I don't mind going for it on 4th why not keep it in Watson's hands? How do you lose to a kicker named Blewitt? Guy shanked a PAT and had a FG blocked by his own lineman in 1st half. I don't know which name is worse Blewitt or that Navy kicker Shenk who beat Army on last play years ago!

Advertisement
I have no problem with the call to go for it. There was really no right or wrong call to make in that situation.

Pitt was raping their D, if I were a Clemson fan I'd been mad if he punted

Last edited:
Advertisement
Going for it is the right call, anyone disputing that doesn't understand statistical probability.

I like going for it but really it was the sweep I didn't like. Seen that get blown up too much.

Agree 100%. Like the choice of going for it. Hate the toss sweep call in that instance. Puts too much pressure on OL to stretch blocks. Prefer straight ahead, helmet on helmet dive play that gives OL smaller margin for error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping that they would win out as well as OSU and Louisville. I think those are the only three teams that can beat Bama.

Advertisement
Clemson's Defense regressed tremendously from last season.

Advertisement
Back