D1 Baseball

BP Joe

Recruit
For what it's worth, D1 baseball projects us as the final host site with UF coming to Coral Gables as the #2 seed. Of course, if this happens, we'd be opposite Vandy according to them.

Advertisement
For what it's worth, D1 baseball projects us as the final host site with UF coming to Coral Gables as the #2 seed. Of course, if this happens, we'd be opposite Vandy according to them.
That would be an awful draw. Also noticed they have Notre Dame as the overall 7 seed. Strange. I know they're having a pretty good year but 7 overall is a bit much.

That would be an awful draw. Also noticed they have Notre Dame as the overall 7 seed. Strange. I know they're having a pretty good year but 7 overall is a bit much.
We need to continue playing well and be #14 or better, to avoid the likes of Vandy and Arkansas. But, at least we're in the initial conversation among one of the publications.

given where we are ranked now, and our RPI, if we win out at about the same clip, .... it would be really hard to keep us out of the top 12.

but we have a ways to go before then

Advertisement
ND keeps winning and has the best RPI in the ACC (#11) followed by Miami (#15). So, some ACC team is going to get that top 8 spot. Unfortunately, Miami doesn't play ND and has GT and Louisville after the selection process is over.

My comments below are based on the Baseball America postseason projections as I don't have a subscription to D1 Baseball to view their projections.

The Baseball America projections are a phucking joke!!! If the NCAA selection matches their predictions, then the fix is in. No way Florida is the host and Miami the #2 team in Gainesville. We beat their *** twice on their own field and Miami has an RPI of #15 while Florida is #30. No justification for them hosting over Miami.

What's interesting is that the weekday games are absolutely killing Louisville. They have lost multiple times to high RPI teams which has them with an RPI of #61. Miami not losing a midweek game has really helped their RPI despite being behind several teams in a close conference race. I totally disagree with Baseball America having Louisville as the #4 overall seed . Complete bull****!!! As I stated, Louisville has an RPI of #61. There's absolutely no reason Louisville should be ranked in the 10, but they are. Louisville has 5 non conference losses to teams with bad RPIs:

Western Illinois (#220), Morehead St.(#157), Eastern Kentucky(#212), Cincinnati(#118), and Kentucky(#55). Really bad losses. They've lost 2 games in a row and are still ranked #7. They face FSU on Friday. I hope FSU smokes them.

ND is their #8 overall seed. They have only 1 non conference game (win over Valparaiso).

Meanwhile, Miami hasn't lost a midweek game. Their midweek wins which haven't even been close are:
FAU twice (#88), FGCU (#50), FIU twice (#84). Throw in Florida at the #30 RPI and Miami is 7-1 in non conference games.

Miami can do itself a lot of good between now and selection day. They need to sweep everyone. Just clean house. If they could go 14-3 (9-3 ACC) or better before selection day, perhaps they could get that #8 spot. If they could get to the top or tie with their ACC record., no other team can boast the non-conference wins that Miami has. So, if the conference records wind up being nearly identical and Miami has only 1 non conference loss with good RPI wins over Florida and FGCU, then Miami would have to be in the conversation for a top 8 national seed.

The crazy thing is that if 2 of Miami's ACC losses were wins, they'd have the same 12-5 ACC record as ND with Miami having the best non conference 7-1 record over every ACC team playing more than 1 non conference game.

Last edited:
ND keeps winning and has the best RPI in the ACC (#11) followed by Miami (#15). So, some ACC team is going to get that top 8 spot. Unfortunately, Miami doesn't play ND and has GT and Louisville after the selection process is over.

My comments below are based on the Baseball America postseason projections as I don't have a subscription to D1 Baseball to view their projections.

The Baseball America projections are a phucking joke!!! If the NCAA selection matches their predictions, then the fix is in. No way Florida is the host and Miami the #2 team in Gainesville. We beat their *** twice on their own field and Miami has an RPI of #15 while Florida is #30. No justification for them hosting over Miami.

What's interesting is that the weekday games are absolutely killing Louisville. They have lost multiple times to high RPI teams which has them with an RPI of #61. Miami not losing a midweek game has really helped their RPI despite being behind several teams in a close conference race. I totally disagree with Baseball America having Louisville as the #4 overall seed . Complete bull****!!! As I stated, Louisville has an RPI of #61. There's absolutely no reason Louisville should be ranked in the 10, but they are. Louisville has 5 non conference losses to teams with bad RPIs:

Western Illinois (#220), Morehead St.(#157), Eastern Kentucky(#212), Cincinnati(#118), and Kentucky(#55). Really bad losses. They've lost 2 games in a row and are still ranked #7. They face FSU on Friday. I hope FSU smokes them.

ND is their #8 overall seed. They have only 1 non conference game (win over Valparaiso).

Meanwhile, Miami hasn't lost a midweek game. Their midweek wins which haven't even been close are:
FAU twice (#88), FGCU (#50), FIU twice (#84). Throw in Florida at the #30 RPI and Miami is 7-1 in non conference games.

Miami can do itself a lot of good between now and selection day. They need to sweep everyone. Just clean house. If they could go 14-3 (9-3 ACC) or better before selection day, perhaps they could get that #8 spot. If they could get to the top or tie with their ACC record., no other team can boast the non-conference wins that Miami has. So, if the conference records wind up being nearly identical and Miami has only 1 non conference loss with good RPI wins over Florida and FGCU, then Miami would have to be in the conversation for a top 8 national seed.

The crazy thing is that if 2 of Miami's ACC losses were wins, they'd have the same 12-5 ACC record as ND with Miami having the best non conference 7-1 record over every ACC team playing more than 1 non conference game.
Agree, and the SEC bias continues unabated in college sports. I get it in football, but from my quick research, ACC teams are 5 - 5 vs the SEC this year, with every game except UL at the SEC's home field (we won 2, FSU beat UF, NC beat SC, BC split w Auburn, UL lost to Kentucky and Clemson lost a couple of tight one run games @ SC).

Advertisement

Actually the D1 postseason projections are free thankfully. At least the Field of 64 article is. I definitely agree that Louisville as the 4 is ridiculous. D1 has us as the 16 and Louisville as the 15th.

Actually the D1 postseason projections are free thankfully. At least the Field of 64 article is. I definitely agree that Louisville as the 4 is ridiculous. D1 has us as the 16 and Louisville as the 15th.

Wow!!! A drastic difference from Baseball America.

My assessment is pretty much the same. If 2 of Miami's conference losses were wins, we'd have the same conference record as ND. We have the best non conference wins and percentages of every ACC team other than ND's 1 non conference game win. Although all the projections have ND as the #7 overall seed, the reality is Miami is right on their heels.

ND's best wins are a 1/1 split with Louisville (1 game canceled) and 2/3 wins against Wake Forest and Pitt. Our conference wins are basically the same as ND with the exception that we haven't played Louisville or Clemson and they haven't played FSU. We play Pitt this weekend. A great opportunity to make up some ground.

It's just amazing how the impression of one team (ND) is over another (Miami). The FSU series has really left a negative impression against Miami IMO. Just keep winning and things will change.

Wow!!! A drastic difference from Baseball America.

My assessment is pretty much the same. If 2 of Miami's conference losses were wins, we'd have the same conference record as ND. We have the best non conference wins and percentages of every ACC team other than ND's 1 non conference game win. Although all the projections have ND as the #7 overall seed, the reality is Miami is right on their heels.

ND's best wins are a 1/1 split with Louisville (1 game canceled) and 2/3 wins against Wake Forest and Pitt. Our conference wins are basically the same as ND with the exception that we haven't played Louisville or Clemson and they haven't played FSU. We play Pitt this weekend. A great opportunity to make up some ground.

It's just amazing how the impression of one team (ND) is over another (Miami). The FSU series has really left a negative impression against Miami IMO. Just keep winning and things will change.
To be fair FSU literally DESTROYED us that weekend. The games were never competitive. Even though it was just 3 of 25 games hard to wipe the taste of 34-2 out of anyone who follows CBB mouths. My issue is if we face them again we likely lose, they are a bad, bad matchup for us.
I wish we could play ND this season, they are a little over ranked I agree.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back