D1 Baseball season preview

Haven't paid attention to the offseason. So are we expected to score a lot and roll with a young pitching staff?
I don't know about scoring a lot consistently, but on paper, this appears to be one of our better lineups in a while.

J.D. might be the key to how far this team goes. There are plenty of arms, but he'll need to put square pegs in square holes IMO.

Advertisement
Cliff Notes version of the Fall and Top 25 Previews:
-Gino’s quote indicates he’d really rather Walters close. Rogers says he came back with the potential of starting. They project he closes.
-Perez is their projected starting catcher. They mention a possible platoon with Scanlon.
-2B battle between Garcia, Dorian, and Cyr. They project Dorian. Gino had a lot of praise for Cyr but said (what I’ve heard but haven’t seen) that he needs to improve defensively.
-Gino praised Long! Also praised Gomez. D1 has Long starting over Gomez. This is the one I’m skeptical of even though I’ve personally been a fan of Long. Gomez was really good in the fall and Gino had every opportunity to start Long last year.
-They also project Villegas and Levenson in the OF. They have Farrow as DH.
-They project Fri-Ziehl, Sat-Rosario, and Sun-Ligon as the rotation with Rafe midweek. My very early guess has been Ziehl, Ligon, and Rosario as the order but a lot can change the next couple weeks.

Cliff Notes version of the Fall and Top 25 Previews:
-Gino’s quote indicates he’d really rather Walters close. Rogers says he came back with the potential of starting. They project he closes.
-Perez is their projected starting catcher. They mention a possible platoon with Scanlon.
-2B battle between Garcia, Dorian, and Cyr. They project Dorian. Gino had a lot of praise for Cyr but said (what I’ve heard but haven’t seen) that he needs to improve defensively.
-Gino praised Long! Also praised Gomez. D1 has Long starting over Gomez. This is the one I’m skeptical of even though I’ve personally been a fan of Long. Gomez was really good in the fall and Gino had every opportunity to start Long last year.
-They also project Villegas and Levenson in the OF. They have Farrow as DH.
-They project Fri-Ziehl, Sat-Rosario, and Sun-Ligon as the rotation with Rafe midweek. My very early guess has been Ziehl, Ligon, and Rosario as the order but a lot can change the next couple weeks.
Nothing earth-shattering, although I too will be surprised if Long starts. More likely a late inning, defensive replacement w some spot Wed/Sun starts.

Advertisement
Back