D1 Baseball season preview

I know, this thread sucks because I’m not posting the review. But hopefully someone who has a subscription can. D1Baseball does a great job with their coverage, usually. Anyway, anybody here got access to this?

Advertisement
I am really worried about this team. Like another non regional season. Hopefully they over achieve like one of those teams that gets ****ed hearing how not much is expected and they play with a fire they typically don’t have.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I am really worried about this team. Like another non regional season. Hopefully they over achieve like one of those teams that gets ****ed hearing how not much is expected and they play with a fire they typically don’t have.

I mean, you're going against what the national media thinks but whatever. We've also never missed a regional under Gino. Again, odd comment.

BA has us #6 in their early top 25.
Collegiate Baseball #13.
D1 thinks we should be in the mix for the ACC Title.

We're going to be good if Ligon, Ziehl, and Walters are healthy. The lineup is our best since 2015 and we have depth. Whether we're just NCAAT good or top-8 seed good comes down to pitching depth. That's a huge question, but fall ball doesn't mean much either way.

I have zero confidence Gino can win in the post-season. But miss Regionals? I'd be shocked

Let’s hope. I just know last year after UVA we were a .500 team over the last 26-30 games.

I’m hoping Yo Yo alone basically elevates this whole offense. But pitching we need a few guys to make some big jumps.

Advertisement
Rosario quote from Gino

Let's hope we get Cape Cod Rosario next year:

SeasonTeamWLERAGGSSHOSVIPSOBBH
CCBL 2022Hyannis Harbor Hawks101.74310010.11318

I still think you have to get creative w him no matter what Gino says, e.g. use as an opener and pull him on a high note, use in 7th - 8th inning high leverage situations knowing he can get you some strikeouts, etc.

Advertisement
Going to be an interesting year. These rankings are part based on last year and then just pure speculation on who has higher ranked players.

in recent years I have little faith in our players developing year to year.

I'd say we are closer to 20-30 in rankings. But hopefully the light bulb goes off for Rosario. Thats literally all it is for him. He just needs to go out there and say F it. Gave up a bomb...oh well move on. Walked 2 guys...oh well big pitch double play. Walters has a 2nd pitch, Ziehl can hold his stuff for more than 2 innings, and Ligon cleaned some things up. Offense on paper looks good because of Yo Yo in the middle of the order. I'd love to see Carrier healthy and swinging it like he did in high school.

Its all possible...but we have so much "hopefully they..."

Going to be an interesting year. These rankings are part based on last year and then just pure speculation on who has higher ranked players.

in recent years I have little faith in our players developing year to year.

I'd say we are closer to 20-30 in rankings. But hopefully the light bulb goes off for Rosario. Thats literally all it is for him. He just needs to go out there and say F it. Gave up a bomb...oh well move on. Walked 2 guys...oh well big pitch double play. Walters has a 2nd pitch, Ziehl can hold his stuff for more than 2 innings, and Ligon cleaned some things up. Offense on paper looks good because of Yo Yo in the middle of the order. I'd love to see Carrier healthy and swinging it like he did in high school.

Its all possible...but we have so much "hopefully they..."
I expect this is the year where we go backwards on midweek games resulting in fighting tooth and nail to get into post season

Haven't paid attention to the offseason. So are we expected to score a lot and roll with a young pitching staff?

Advertisement
Back