D. wilder

mikemike

Freshman
Dude looked like a robot in space...

Need another LB in this class. Hopefully the OLB from STA

Advertisement
Might have to move Finely or Carter down to LB in back up situations

Running around upright out there, like a giraffe on ice. Looked pretty bad in very, very limited snaps. Not ready to panic, he's a freshman, but we slow played his recruitment because he's a tweener and we weren't sure how we'd use him. It'll be interesting to follow his development.

Regardless of Wilder's development, I've been sort of surprised we haven't been after more backers in this class.

Not every true Frosh going to come in here and light it up. If he isn't an all-American by mid season as a fresh you guys just write them off. I wonder if half the people on this board have ever even played football. Kids don't get comfortable sometimes till they are upperclassmen.

Advertisement
Delaney, etc. looked like crap too. Players can improve dramatically. Especially with this staff. Way too early to write off a true freshman...

Last edited:
Delaney, etc. looked like crap too. Players can improve dramatically. Especially with this staff. Way to early to write off a true freshman...

This is overstated, Delany was made to look bad by zone coverages where the safety kept messing up

Advertisement
I will give Wilder time to get comfortable, but it has to be stated: "He looked like a Giraffe on ice"

Advertisement
Good lord, things must be going well to whine about a true freshman linebacker who may have looked lost in a series or two with 4 minutes to go. I hadn't notice and quite frankly don't care. The kid is contributing on special teams.

Last edited:
Here we go again with CanesInsight porsters claiming another one of our players, in only their freshman year, is a JAG. This is so classic.

Advertisement
I remember a MLB back in 1989 coming into the Michigan State game when Bernard Clark was temporarily
hurt.
Dude looked lost and was exposed for a few plays.
I wonder whatever happened to that Michael Barrow putz.

Advertisement
Back