D$ shares exclusive spring practice insights

Advertisement
O

Or perhaps difference between 8-4 and 6-6.

Or 9-3 and 7-5

Three Stooges Vintage GIF

Curb your enthusiasm for season record if Zion is starting LT.

Assuming he is truly healthy, I would consider Zion a contributor not a detractor. Zion played moderately well when he was healthy in 2021. If he’s back and not gimpy he’ll hopefully be ready to play to his true potential, which is NFL level, just not day one / day two like some of the crazed fans on here were claiming going into last season.

Most of CIS is letting Mario off the hook too easily. Greatest trick the devil ever pulled off was convincing the world he had a weak rooster. If these coaches are above competent and we avoid a lot of injurued…

Last edited:
Advertisement
Most of CIS is letting Mario off the hook too easily. Greatest trick the devil ever did was convincing the world he had a weak rooster. If these coaches are above competent and we avoid a lot of injurued…
Don't see anybody, whether UM fan or not, "letting Mario off the hook too easily". He EARNED the credit for the 5-7 season, was rated as an "F" for his first year UM head coaching performance, and most people, enthusiastic about staffing changes and recruiting successes, are still in a "show me on the field" mode. Everybody agrees ... Mario blew it ... major mistakes in year 1 ... primarily with his key coordinator hires. However that doesn't mean that we shouldn't be very enthusiastic regarding his staffing changes ... both coordinators look to be very competent and hungry for success. I am a UM football fan ... I want hime to be successful and make up for that horrific 2022 season that was reminiscent of the final OB game against UVA. He blew it. He appears to be making excellent adjustments.

Most of CIS is letting Mario off the hook too easily. Greatest trick the devil ever did was convincing the world he had a weak rooster. If these coaches are above competent and we avoid a lot of injurued…
Is this a first in CIS history????

Has another corch ever been compared to Satan?

@RVACane we need a ruling here...

Lesser demons, ok I get it. But Beelzebub himself? Has CIS just gone to a higher (or lower I suppose) level?

Advertisement
What this team looks like now and what it looks like the start of fall camp will be completely different.

I believe this offense will put up a ton of points and we just need to stay healthy.
I love that you are here. Post more often here bro. I see you on the other board. We’re fun.

Is this a first in CIS history????

Has another corch ever been compared to Satan?

@RVACane we need a ruling here...

Lesser demons, ok I get it. But Beelzebub himself? Has CIS just gone to a higher (or lower I suppose) level?
I think it’s actually a pretty clever spin on the devil’s greatest trick is convincing the world he doesn’t exist thing and comparing it to the roster quality.

I think Mario’s greatest trick is convincing the Empirical One that he’s Big Manny when he’s really Little Butch.

I think it’s actually a pretty clever spin on the devil’s greatest trick is convincing the world he doesn’t exist thing and comparing it to the roster quality.

I think Mario’s greatest trick is convincing the Empirical One that he’s Big Manny when he’s really Little Butch.
Oh...Big Manny will have his chances to show us that he one day could belong in the same conversation as Saint Schnelly, His Most Holy Coifed One, and Butch DAW GAWD....

until then though, amd especually after the MTSU bukkake session, he's Big Manny-ish*

*Last recruiting class was promising sign...

Advertisement
Don't see anybody, whether UM fan or not, "letting Mario off the hook too easily". He EARNED the credit for the 5-7 season, was rated as an "F" for his first year UM head coaching performance, and most people, enthusiastic about staffing changes and recruiting successes, are still in a "show me on the field" mode. Everybody agrees ... Mario blew it ... major mistakes in year 1 ... primarily with his key coordinator hires. However that doesn't mean that we shouldn't be very enthusiastic regarding his staffing changes ... both coordinators look to be very competent and hungry for success. I am a UM football fan ... I want hime to be successful and make up for that horrific 2022 season that was reminiscent of the final OB game against UVA. He blew it. He appears to be making excellent adjustments.
Not sure 'everyone', or even close to that have acknowledged that Mario blew it(though I wholeheartedly agree). And Mario hasn't exactly kept a low-profile about the lack of talent he inherited.

Advertisement
What this team looks like now and what it looks like the start of fall camp will be completely different.

I believe this offense will put up a ton of points and we just need to stay healthy.
Do you mean from a roster perspective, or natural improvement from getting more reps?

Assuming he is truly healthy, I would consider Zion a contributor not a detractor. Zion played moderately well when he was healthy in 2021. If he’s back and not gimpy he’ll hopefully be ready to play to his true potential, which is NFL level, just not day one / day two like some of the crazed fans on here were claiming going into last season.
I don't disagree with you. I'm bullish on Zion with a lot of "IF'S"

Not sure 'everyone', or even close to that have acknowledged that Mario blew it(though I wholeheartedly agree). And Mario hasn't exactly kept a low-profile about the lack of talent he inherited.
Anybody who watched UM or bothered to read the game recaps knew a) Gattis was horrible (150 minutes without scoring a TD?) and b) Mario was the $8 million dollar HC that lost 2 more games in his 1st season than the guy he replaced. People just shook their heads. There were a lot of "should have gone after Kiffin" comments. Even "Manny wasn't that bad". Big season for Mario coming up.

I think when the season starts the OL may look like this...

LOT: Zion
LOG: Cohen
OC: Lee
ROG: Rivers
ROT: Francis M.

Or

Zion
Cohen
Lee
Cooper
Rivers

But Rivers is a starter... No way you hear he is our best OL and that he's a NFL talent and he's not starting.

John Campbell was all Mr. Everything last year in spring and fall.

He’s no longer here.

Advertisement
Back