D$ Portal Recruiting Watch List

Hopefully dont reach too much at DB in the portal. Go all in if an impact player hits, but id rather get serviceable depth @ DB and snatch the best you can get at DL if the talent leans that way. Taking away even an extra half second in the pocket will make mid DBs look at worst above average. But, right now..any additional depth (in theory) is gonna be a good take for the majority of ACC play.

Reallllly hope next year we can attack the first wave of entries with no mercy.

Advertisement
What the **** are we doing at WR?? Waiting for Randy Moss to discover he's got some eligibility left???

Getting fed up with this staff's BS. The portal analyst we hired must suck baws.

So that analyst that built MSU in a day and got Mel Tucker a zillion dollar deal is the one that sucks at the portal…

CB's currently in the portal that look interesting:
-Storm Duck, Penn State, 6' 200 pounds 4*
-TreQuan Fegans, Alabama 6'1 180 pounds 4*
-Bobby Taylor, Texas A&M 6'1

WR
-Jordan Judson TCU 4*
-Jaden Alexis, Texas 3-4*
-TarVaris Dawson, Auburn 3-4*
-Jaelen Gill, BC 3-4*

DT
-Tywone Malone, Ole Miss 3*

QB
-Ben Bryant 2022 season 2732 yards, 21 TD's 7 INT 61.2% completions. Will he take a role as a back up or stay at Cincinnati?
TarVarish Dawson committed to Cincinnati yesterday.

Advertisement
CB's currently in the portal that look interesting:
-Storm Duck, Penn State, 6' 200 pounds 4*
-TreQuan Fegans, Alabama 6'1 180 pounds 4*
-Bobby Taylor, Texas A&M 6'1

WR
-Jordan Judson TCU 4*
-Jaden Alexis, Texas 3-4*
-TarVaris Dawson, Auburn 3-4*
-Jaelen Gill, BC 3-4*

DT
-Tywone Malone, Ole Miss 3*

QB
-Ben Bryant 2022 season 2732 yards, 21 TD's 7 INT 61.2% completions. Will he take a role as a back up or stay at Cincinnati?
These aren’t there hs rankings are they?

Today is the last round of spring games. I expect to see a bunch of new names in the portal as soon as tonight.
Tonight?

Maybe some prospective transfers will declare their intentions via Twitter or IG but schools have 48 hours (I believe) to officially register the player.

Most will inform the school this weekend or on Monday and it should become public by mid-week.

Tonight?

Maybe some prospective transfers will declare their intentions via Twitter or IG but schools have 48 hours (I believe) to officially register the player.

Most will inform the school this weekend or on Monday and it should become public by mid-week.
I would expect Mon - Wednesday to see the guys who’ll enter today and tomorrow

Advertisement
I get all that but players do continue to improve as their career goes on. Oklahoma has been a Top 10 program who recruits very well and Davis has found a way to get on the field for them for 4 years straight. Maybe Guidry can use him as hybrid Nickel/Safety role, sometimes a change in scenery can really turn things around for a player. It would give us another quality player who can battle for the Nickel spot.
Oklahoma defense has been sh*t for most of my life.

We know alll about Davis him having played down here at STA. He's in line with a Terry Roberts....at some point coach up or throw out the Malik Curtis's and Graves on reps if your not getting significantly better in the portal. Im sure MaliK Curtis couldve done whatever Davis has done at Ou

Advertisement
What the **** are we doing at WR?? Waiting for Randy Moss to discover he's got some eligibility left???

Getting fed up with this staff's BS. The portal analyst we hired must suck baws.

It's a two way street just like in recruiting. There needs to be interest from both the team and the player. On top of that just not that many impact guys are available currently.

So next week UM will be POTENTIALLY making some portal commit announcements?
Yes, Mario is all over it.
Walking Running GIF by pikaole

Advertisement
But is the cb room really paper thin? Brown, Porter, Couch, Graves, Roberts, (incoming frosh) - Brown, Stafford. That's 7 - it seems you'd be looking for a quality add. The report of hoping for two from the portal makes me concerned about a departure.
Graves looked ok, in position, to me on at least a couple/few visible reps. One poster mentioned technique as an issue, so there's that. At the same time, if the ceiling's higher than most in the room, why the portaling out possibility? Guess I'm (whether warranted or not) concerned with Addae's management of the room. Lost one highly touted recruit already (yes, Dad was a factor), but to potentially lose Graves when lower-ceiling guys are repping with pedestrian results - that would be concerning. Wonder if Addae's approach to the room is Gattis-like? Amazed he's the staffer still standing after the smoke at the end of last season.
The bottom line is we need Freshman Brown to be a baller, and we need the transfer Brown to be a steady dude. I’m actually surprised a legit corner hasent entered the portal yet. I’m surprised Mario didn’t offer ***ans a starting spot to be honest. The ghost of McClain blows. But let’s see what happens.

No clue dude. Joseph and Restrepo are legit. The Tight Ends like Williams will be strong. They had better hope Horton has developed and Young has taken another step. It’s amazing that at Miami we can’t fall into corners and receivers even by accident.

Advertisement
Back