D Peete and Rashard Fenton recruiting updates

Spookcane

EL PUMA
SIAP- Information from South florida HS sports

Peete:
"As for the Canes, Peete grew up a fan of the hometown team, has been attending camps since the ninth grade and has a “great relationship with Al Golden and all the coaches,” but Peete did close by saying he doesn’t “want to stay close to home.”

While Peete says it’s down to four schools, the reality seems to be it’s really a two-team race between FSU and Louisville. Of course, that can always change, as Peete told us he wants to talk with Aquinas coaching staff and come to a decision in the next two to three weeks"
Article- http://sfhighschoolsports.com/2014/11/recruiting-blitz-peete-liking-te-position-four-schools/

Fenton:
"Carol City defensive back Rashad Fenton named four schools that he is seriously considering – Arkansas, Louisville, Kentucky and UCF."
SMH..

Advertisement
SIAP- Information from South florida HS sports

Peete:
"As for the Canes, Peete grew up a fan of the hometown team, has been attending camps since the ninth grade and has a “great relationship with Al Golden and all the coaches,” but Peete did close by saying he doesn’t “want to stay close to home.”

While Peete says it’s down to four schools, the reality seems to be it’s really a two-team race between FSU and Louisville. Of course, that can always change, as Peete told us he wants to talk with Aquinas coaching staff and come to a decision in the next two to three weeks"
Article- http://sfhighschoolsports.com/2014/11/recruiting-blitz-peete-liking-te-position-four-schools/

Fenton:
"Carol City defensive back Rashad Fenton named four schools that he is seriously considering – Arkansas, Louisville, Kentucky and UCF."
SMH..

Fenton has offers from those schools if Miami offers we'll be right there

[video=youtube_share;yPhVn7gu95U]http://youtu.be/yPhVn7gu95U[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fenton is gonna end up getting drafted in the 3rd round and we are gonna be like "WTF Golden".

Fenton is gonna end up getting drafted in the 3rd round and we are gonna be like "WTF Golden".

Correction. Fenton is going to end up at UL and bust our a$$ every year and we are gonna be like "WTF Golden"!

Advertisement
I expect Peete to end up here and if grades are the issue, Louisville. He likes Miami, Irvin was in his ear on the sidelines at STA games and told him himself he wants to go to Miami. Wanted to join in on pictures with Scarlett and Bruce as well. We'll see how it develops, and the grades concerns doesn't surprise me, no offense to Ely high school which is where Peete came from before he transferred to STA. Kids from Ely don't always have the grades. Theirs exceptions every now and then.

As for Peete with FSU, meh I don't think they have him that high up on their board for 2015.

Fenton, big mistake if the staff doesn't take him. Will be one they regret when he blows up somewhere else at another school like other kids in the past. Especially since he's a Carol City kid I want him.

Last edited:
Why we didn't go after Fenton harder, I don't know. Kid is gonna be a stud at the next level wherever he ends up. Heard he's down to Arkansas and Louisville.

Senior Highlights ----> http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3235798/highlights/199314397

If he was as exceptional as you all say, wouldn't he have better offers than Akry and Louisville. If we take him and it don't pan out, then everybody screams we shouldn't take F'in 3 star players or chit like the staff can't develop... It's a no win situation. Hoggins is another's one... But 5'7" ain't going to cut it... Shoulda, coulda, woulda is real easy after the fact...

Advertisement
its not like our defensive backfield is hurting for talent and we havent been getting local kids.

Bush, howard, burns, gayot, carter.

we'll get ours.

Why we didn't go after Fenton harder, I don't know. Kid is gonna be a stud at the next level wherever he ends up. Heard he's down to Arkansas and Louisville.

Senior Highlights ----> http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3235798/highlights/199314397

If he was as exceptional as you all say, wouldn't he have better offers than Akry and Louisville. If we take him and it don't pan out, then everybody screams we shouldn't take F'in 3 star players or chit like the staff can't develop... It's a no win situation. Hoggins is another's one... But 5'7" ain't going to cut it... Shoulda, coulda, woulda is real easy after the fact...

Better offers than Louisville? You do know they beat us. He has South Carolina, Tenn, etc.

Advertisement
its not like our defensive backfield is hurting for talent and we havent been getting local kids.

Bush, howard, burns, gayot, carter.

we'll get ours.

We got 1 CB last year, Mayes, who is less then a sure thing.

Things aren't looking great at CB at the moment either in 15.

We have only 5 CBs on the whole roster heading into 2015: Howard (Sr), Crawford (Sr), Burns (Jr), Elder (Jr), Mayes (Fr)

CB recruiting should be something to be concerned about. We need at least 3 really good ones in 15.

Better offers than Louisville? You do know they beat us. He has South Carolina, Tenn, etc.

Alright man, Louisville meh, but those other 2 are strong. I went back to look at his hudl film. He does look pretty decent. I love his NO Fear return game. Do you think is a better prospect than Redwine? Btw - an article in Jan this year said he got an offer?

Last edited:
i always lIkeD Fenton as Carol City kids produce...not a fan of Hoggins.....and Redwine is a kid i would recruit up til signing day....and hedge if we dont land other big names..have no clue if our staff thinks that way though...they'll be scurrying after signing day to sign kids to play og that no one knows about.

i always lIkeD Fenton as Carol City kids produce...not a fan of Hoggins.....and Redwine is a kid i would recruit up til signing day....and hedge if we dont land other big names..have no clue if our staff thinks that way though...they'll be scurrying after signing day to sign kids to play og that no one knows about.

Same thoughts here other than Hoggins. My problem with Hoggins is his height. Cause he's really little. I always say if a kid can ball he can ball,regardless of height but in this case I am very concerned with his height at the next level being that the kid is 5'6"-5'7" but he does make plays.

As for Redwine and Fenton. I like Fenton more as a corner and his special teams ability. I like Redwine versatility and physicality more. Apples and oranges, different types.

Advertisement
Back