D. Gilbert

btcane

Sophomore
Anything new? Haven't heard a thing lately. I assume we are just waiting for him to register for class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He is finishing an online class at Wisconsin and the paperwork is still being processed. It should be done this week

Could end up being the most important addition to the team in 2013. Need pass rushers in the worst way.

This guy is important not only for his pass rush, but he's a seasoned guy who can mentor and teach these younger guys (AQM, etc) how to do it the right way.

Advertisement
I didn't know his nagging foot injury was so serious.

Dude broke his foot twice and had to have a few surgeries to repair ligament damage.

So much so, that he actually QUIT the UW team during spring practice.

This kind of worries me.

Some reports actually say that he could very well sit out the 2013 season to allow his foot to completely heal.

He could request a medical medical for a 6th year of eligibility so he can play in 2014.

The jury is still out on this kid.

From the Herald:

### UM players continue to anticipate that Wisconsin starting defensive end David Gilbert will transfer to UM, but the school says it's still not definite. And with a history of foot problems, he must be cleared medically. Having graduated from Wisconsin, he would be eligible to play immediately.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/2013/07/when-the-heat-begins-play-against-toronto-at-1030-tonight-in-the-las-vegas-summer-league-one-of-the-issues-that-must-be-sor.html#storylink=cpy

I really want this guy here. As long as his feet don't fall off, he'd be the best DE immediately.

Advertisement
He is finishing an online class at Wisconsin and the paperwork is still being processed. It should be done this week

Are you sure you're thinking about the right guy? I thought he already graduated last may. Current on-line course? Huh?

Advertisement
Wow. Lol. No love for Chick I see. It was all good just a week ago. But I agree that this kid could help out immensely even if he is at 75%.

Some people are speculating that he didn't quit because of the foot injury. They think he quit so they he could devote more time to trying graduate and become immediately eligible to transfer. Apparently he doesn't like their new defensive system.

Some people are speculating that he didn't quit because of the foot injury. They think he quit so they he could devote more time to trying graduate and become immediately eligible to transfer. Apparently he doesn't like their new defensive system.

I reached out to a Wisconsin fan that speculated, based on rumblings he had heard, that Gilbert clashed with the new DL coach and that while he did have surgery on his foot at the start of spring, it wasn't major surgery and it was to help better the foot injury he played with all of last season. If this is true and he does make it in, then I think we could be in for a solid boost to the DL.

I'm waiting for the official word from Gilbert and UM to get excited though

Advertisement
Back