D’Eriq king Highlights from UAB

brock

All-American

Yes we all know he missed a few throws obviously(2 deep balls a few and miscommunications) but on majority of the throws he attempted look at his ball placement and velocity on some of these throws. D’Eriq King got a really good arm. Remember king has one of the best deep ball’s in college football so he’s not going to routinely miss those throws down the field. The passing game will get going as we continue to work on it as I dont Think it really was a focal point last game. That play where he escaped pressure and found dee wiggins reminded me a lot of Russel Wilson tbqh

And obviously he’s special as a runner too and picked up multiple first downs and made throws and completed them under pressure

Last edited:
Advertisement
The one I saw during the rewatch was Brevin across the middle and he chose a quick throw to the sideline to Harley. Pocket was fine.

I don't know about Lamar Jackson flashbacks but he is better than Rosier. And Rosier took us to an ACC Championship game.

I think this guy can do better. Just needs some time to get a rapport with his Wrs/TEs/Backs and needs to get into a good rhythm as the season goes on.

Yes we all know he missed a few throws obviously(2 deep balls a few and miscommunications) but on majority of the throws he attempted look at his ball placement and velocity on some of these throws. D’Eriq King got a really good arm. The passing game will get going as we continue to work on it as I dont Think it really was a focal point last game

The video won’t play.

Advertisement
Love that concept on 1:25, made a nice throw in tight coverage to Brevin but also had Mallory wide open in the flat for a easy completion.

Advertisement
BBA8C397-4F34-47C7-AB59-4696B735EACB.gif

People need to remind themselves that it's been over a year since King played in a real game, had a shortened spring schedule, weird fall schedule, first game he's played without his dad, small crowd in a massive stadium... There's a chance that is the WORST we will see of King all year which has me giddy.

People need to remind themselves that it's been over a year since King played in a real game, had a shortened spring schedule, weird fall schedule, first game he's played without his dad, small crowd in a massive stadium... There's a chance that is the WORST we will see of King all year which has me giddy.
Facts, a lot of emotions game 1 for king

Advertisement
Advertisement
Same here, and thats a Dll doin that, Butch's guys were last group of linemen on either side worth a damm. I couldn't hardly believe this guy threw 117 TD passes in 6a ball in Texas, they play good HS ball here. Kid could have an insane year behind a decent Oline, just needs to be ok not great. Now let's see what manny does w him, may go triple option lol

Advertisement
Back