D’Eriq King - Good Article

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
Great article from last year on D’Eriq King and how hard he’s had to fight to be a QB.

Sounds like Holgerson tried to neuter him as a playmaker.

For those of you that were unaware - he broke Kyler Murray’s Texas high school record for TD’s.

He is a dynamic threat at QB that we haven’t seen at the position at Miami.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/syndica...r-who-could-be-the-next-kyler-murray.amp.html

Advertisement
Did not realize his knee was so banged up. I think he can have a truly special season this year. I see him picking Lashlee’s system up quickly. Paired with our defense, we will be formidable.

Advertisement
Did not realize his knee was so banged up. I think he can have a truly special season this year. I see him picking Lashlee’s system up quickly. Paired with our defense, we will be formidable.
According to someone who has spoken to Lashlee on several occasions and understands offense, missing spring ball because of Covid was huge as those practices are very important in picking up language and scheme with a new QB and OC. Needless to say they’ve had countless meetings but there’s no substitute for what spring ball and live ammo bring to the table. Don’t be surprised early on if you see a little combo of what King did at Houston mixed with Lashlee’s system. My cugina said this is similar to when Coach E came to UM but Craig and he had all spring to pick Up schemes and terminology. Additionally when they went ones vs ones you better learn quickly because the 89 defense had a few pretty good players. While the new system is a work in progress my guy said it’s a **** of a lot easier for a 22 year old senior who has seen a lot of defenses in his day to pick up the offense than a freshman or sophomore who hasn’t taken any meaningful snaps. He is very high on Lashlee and Likens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am expecting basic plays, just getting the ball to guys in space and seeing where they can go.
Also other basic plays that give him the option to pass/run/ handoff.

Keeping the tempo high and simple should be enough to move the chains if he is as good as advertised at eluding the rush and making plays downfield.

Great article from last year on D’Eriq King and how hard he’s had to fight to be a QB.

For those of you that were unaware - he broke Kyler Murray’s Texas high school record for TD’s.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/syndica...r-who-could-be-the-next-kyler-murray.amp.html

93463DFC-B914-4E77-9C7D-5DB3A75D400F.jpeg

Just a winner. Broke Murray’s records and destroyed Hurts head to head.

Keep in mind Kyler Murray didn't play alot in the 4th qtr. Do not compare the two. Kyler has that it factor that never lost a ha game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back