D’Angelo Ponds JMU CB (via Chaminade) Commits to Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I mean...you can SAY this...but even Ponds will tell you that NOBODY recruited him. He just said the same thing to one of the websites.
Agreed. (I admitted my original point was rather pedantic - I’m simply trying to hit 2k posts while the wife has the kids at her parents house this weekend).

Not recruited does not necessarily equal “under the radar” in the same sort of “all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares” kind of way.

Agreed. (I admitted my original point was rather pedantic - I’m simply trying to hit 2k posts while the wife has the kids at her parents house this weekend).

Not recruited does not necessarily equal “under the radar” in the same sort of “all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares” kind of way.
You're home alone and this is what you came up with?

Advertisement
A slot corner who can cover man to man and has legit speed?

Oh wait, he’s 5’10” 165.

Oh wait, Couch was 5’10” 170 and couldn’t play man nearly as well.

This is a no brainer take.
Yep. Also ironic that I guess people forget Couch was actually pretty physical. Guidry blitzed him a lot and he played the run with some dawg in him. I see that with this kid but he can also cover really well and coming from JMU that’s no minor league system

Yes please

Yeah transfer portal rankings just make zero sense to me. They haven’t refined how to properly calculate the improvement (or drop) a player undergoes once they hit college. Cormani is a perfect example; guy is living off his HS ranking when clearly the lack of offers and interest signal otherwise.

On3 at least bumps his overall from an 83 to a 90, factoring in significant improvement based on his HS ranking into becoming a Freshman All-American.

View attachment 288852

He’s the top corner available imo, and amongst the top overall in terms of portal DBs that have entered.
Yeah I actually took a look at it for the first time the other day

I get why it’s total nonsense since it seems to have a lot to do with what kind of prospect a kid was as well

**** a ranking this kid can ball

I actually think it was esoteric, not pedantic.

Now that was pedantic.

Advertisement
I actually think it was esoteric, not pedantic.

Now that was pedantic.
1714847726620.jpeg

1714847807761.jpeg

Listen here, bub. Know you’re talking to a member of a 3x runner up (***** you, Ponce de Leon Middle School) team at the Miami Dade County inter scholastic geography bee - so I take my arcane geographical knowledge quite serious.

It’s the “show-me state”
Mostly because you can't tell them anything and have them grasp it the first time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean...you can SAY this...but even Ponds will tell you that NOBODY recruited him. He just said the same thing to one of the websites.
I told my friend the other day there are dudes that could’ve been in the hall of fame working 9-5.
Look how close Ray Lewis came to not setting foot on a college campus.
If he doesn’t have a a highly rated teammate our coaches never would’ve seen him.

Hall of fame qb that was bagging groceries after college.
Mahones
Brady etc…

No way those are the only dudes.

This is why I have been so against the development narrative.
We’re eventually gonna end up with players that reached the Hall of Fame that went to like three colleges. Who’s gonna take the credit for developing those guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back