D’Angelo Ponds JMU CB (via Chaminade) Commits to Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I originally saw his missouri comment and was going to post that JMU is not anywhere near Missouri, but as someone that lives in DC (and has lived in Northern VA)... no one that is not from this area has any idea where Fairfax is 😂
George Mason needs a football team

Im not from the Virginia area, but being in the Military I’m familiar with it. Fairfax is northern VA

I originally saw his missouri comment and was going to post that JMU is not anywhere near Missouri, but as someone that lives in DC (and has lived in Northern VA)... no one that is not from this area has any idea where Fairfax is 😂
I'm not from VA either, but have been to DC and Fairfax several times. Love the area and, for some reason, I think about moving there every time I've visited.

Advertisement
I'm not from VA either, but have been to DC and Fairfax several times. Love the area and, for some reason, I think about moving there every time I've visited.
I wouldn't recommend it unless you make BIG $, love traffic, and are okay with having to travel 45-60 minutes to watch any sports. Loudon, Fairfax, and Falls Church are 3 of the 5 highest median income counties in the country. The other two are in the Bay Area.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you make BIG $, love traffic, and are okay with having to travel 45-60 minutes to watch any sports. Loudon, Fairfax, and Falls Church are 3 of the 5 highest median income counties in the country. The other two are in the Bay Area.
I hear you and probably the reason I never moved. I live in Tallahassee, so I'd have to travel a lot farther to watch any sports I care about! I worked for SAIC in the early 90's and they had office in the Skyline Tower (?) in the Falls Church/Tysons Corner area and I went up there a couple of times for business. Also have an aunt and ex-gf that lived in Temple/Oxen Hill, MD and other friends that have lived in the area and I've always loved VA and the DMV area, in general.

Advertisement
since this is probably about to get nuked - I would like to sincerely apologize to the three Virgins, sorry Virginians, who could not recognize my turn of phrase related to the state nickname of Missouri, and took offense to me misappropriating the presence of the seminal James Madison University to a midwestern backwater, rather than its appropriate mid-Atlantic backwater.

Advertisement
It wasn't. Couple of issues, one of which I can live with, one of which bothers me.
IMG_5337.gif

Advertisement
Yea right.

It would be nice if you weren't so salty about being a know-nothing poster with no connections.

But I know better. You are gonna keep on denigrating the people who know stuff.

I don't think I've explained my point well, so I'll try to clarify. The perception was Guidry tampered with Sam prior to him portaling so we were ruled out of that recruitment (whether or not we actually were back channeling).

Most players either know or have a very good idea of where they end up when they enter the portal. I suspect (but have no evidence) that Ponds had a couple of destinations in mind when he hit the portal due to back channeling (IU being one of them).

In both cases, there's no concrete evidence of tampering. However, in one case, we had to step away due to perceived tampering concerns of a coach moving on to the new school. My point being, some schools (UM), due to previous clashes with the NCAA, have to play the back channel game (or perceived game) different than others (IU in this case).

I do think we've gotten better at this over time though.

Agreed. There's nothing stopping Mario from recruiting him until he enrolls at IU.
I get it. I thought they should have kept the recruitment if Sam. Backing off was like an admission of guilt. The penalty for said back chanelling is so minor I would have told Tulane to go F*** themselves!!! We've seen guys go in the portal and land at a school the very next day without a visit. Sam could have just said, "I want to go play for my former coach." They must nit have handled things properly as they had no problem bringing in the CB from Marshall who plaid for Coaxh Jackson and I think Guidry as well.

It would be nice if you weren't so salty about being a know-nothing poster with no connections.

But I know better. You are gonna keep on denigrating the people who know stuff.
It would nice if you didn't try to prove you knew everything and never actually posted anything. I get it, the guys you blew back in college feed you intel. You are the coolest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back