2022 Cyrus Moss - DEFENSIVE END - COMMITS!

Getting moss would make Stewart more a luxury than a "can't miss" imo.

Would love for both but moss and Kelly still one **** of a Haul considering the circumstances
Logo Tv Shut Up GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Advertisement
Different players though. Moss looks like an edge rusher and Shemar looks like he will grow into a 3 tech
If you look at it from that perspective then yeah I agree

I'm not implying that losing Stewart is okay or good by any means, my main point was that moss helps eliminate the drastic need and losing on Stewart would be less of a blow if they both stay on the edge.

I see Stewart as an end on 3-4 team in the future potentially but I'll admit I'm not the greatest with those kind of evaluations

Stud edge player out of Vegas. 6 ft 6 and all crystal balls predicted Oregon and Mario saw him Saturday or Sunday I believe and 247 has an article that he said he hasn’t committed to Oregon cause of all Mario to Miami rumors.

Want him. Any shot?
I

CAAAAAN

DIIIIIIIGGGGGG

IIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT....

Advertisement
If you look at it from that perspective then yeah I agree

I'm not implying that losing Stewart is okay or good by any means, my main point was that moss helps eliminate the drastic need and losing on Stewart would be less of a blow if they both stay on the edge.

I see Stewart as an end on 3-4 team in the future potentially but I'll admit I'm not the greatest with those kind of evaluations
It’s already been talked about, but it’s not really about 3-4 or 4-3 anymore as much as it’s about two gap or single gap and even that is too simplistic. Nowadays everybody is running multiple fronts. Many times the difference between 3-4 and 4-3 is just one DE either has his hand on the ground or doesn’t.

Did I say anything wrong.

Whiffing on BOTH moss and then Stewart would be awful. Getting moss would cushion us either way.

That doesn't mean missing on Stewart would be good or acceptable, it just means we still would have Kelly and moss in the bag which is still a great edge class
Yes thank you for a fresh an exciting opinion on “whiffing” on two elite Dline talents would be awful.

Post more please.

It’s already been talked about, but it’s not really about 3-4 or 4-3 anymore as much as it’s about two gap or single gap and even that is too simplistic. Nowadays everybody is running multiple fronts. Bottom line is that Shemar is just a different player than Moss. Unless Moss really grows into his frame, he just won’t be able to do certain things that Shemar can.
I get your point and I'm not willing to die on the hill of what position Stewart might play depending on his body development, but my simple point was that losing both is worse than losing just Stewart and that we have a great class regardless of Stewart's decision considering the circumstances.. that's not a bold or hot take, it's fair and objective

Yeah, usc was always gonna be a tough beat on this kid but we’ll see
Yeah they would probably be pretty tough to beat considering moss wasn't even offered by us till Mario got here... Pretty tough to wrap your head around moving cross country all in a matter of two weeks. If he does come here it's all on Mario...

Advertisement
Did I say anything wrong.

Whiffing on BOTH moss and then Stewart would be awful. Getting moss would cushion us either way.

That doesn't mean missing on Stewart would be good or acceptable, it just means we still would have Kelly and moss in the bag which is still a great edge class
Please define whiffing considering one being Stewart was never even considering us and the other in moss we didn't even offer until a week ago... Some of y'all really need to learn to look at life a tad bit more realistic. Most kids don't make decisions like this by simply seeing a week worth of change and commitment. These are long term decisions.

Yes thank you for a fresh an exciting opinion on “whiffing” on two elite Dline talents would be awful.

Post more please.
You're describing our normal off-season so until we can be proven otherwise, we whiff on plenty of local talent
Please define whiffing considering one being Stewart was never even considering us and the other in moss we didn't even offer until a week ago... Some of y'all really need to learn to look at life a tad bit more realistic. Most kids don't make decisions like this by simply seeing a week worth of change and commitment. These are long term decisions.
you took one word from my optimistic response and completely changed the narrative. C'mon man

You're describing our normal off-season so until we can be proven otherwise, we whiff on plenty of local talent

you took one word from my optimistic response and completely changed the narrative. C'mon man
I didn't read anything other than that so I don't know context. But what we should realistically be expecting is for neither of these kids to come here. That's not whiffing if we don't get either because we weren't even an option for either as of two weeks ago. I just see value in words.

Advertisement
I didn't read anything other than that so I don't know context. But what we should realistically be expecting is for neither of these kids to come here. That's not whiffing if we don't get either because we weren't even an option for either as of two weeks ago. I just see value in words.
For Moss specifically, he's choosing between two schools who are undergoing major coaching changes, aside from distance being a perceived advantage for SC I think we're on equal footing. They have proximity but we have the HC he values more.

Advertisement
For Moss specifically, he's choosing between two schools who are undergoing major coaching changes, aside from distance being a perceived advantage for SC I think we're on equal footing. They have proximity but we have the HC he values more.
Again, MIAMI WAS NOT RECRUITING MOSS AT ALL... SC has been recruiting this kid for years so he's comfortable with the school first and foremost regardless of the staff. Riley was also after him at Oklahoma. So yes while both are undergoing change SC isn't providing anything new to him outside of a change of staff. While we have a coach the kid loves at a brand new spot on the other side of the country... It's literally all on Mario here. If I had to guess I'd say he goes to sc but Mario is a beast and I'd love to see him pull this off.

Again, MIAMI WAS NOT RECRUITING MOSS AT ALL... SC has been recruiting this kid for years so he's comfortable with the school first and foremost regardless of the staff. Riley was also after him at Oklahoma. So yes while both are undergoing change SC isn't providing anything new to him outside of a change of staff. While we have a coach the kid loves at a brand new spot on the other side of the country... It's literally all on Mario here. If I had to guess I'd say he goes to sc but Mario is a beast and I'd love to see him pull this off.
That wouldn’t be my guest Dee. He was all signed and delivered to UO when Mario was there.

Advertisement
Back