2022 Cyrus Moss - DEFENSIVE END - COMMITS!

I don’t think he has signed cause he was talking new offers and everything as if he is going to sign in February which isn’t going for Miami in my opinion

Advertisement
I don’t think he has signed cause he was talking new offers and everything as if he is going to sign in February which isn’t going for Miami in my opinion
He can just enroll at his school or choice when that school’s semester starts, doesn’t have to wait til Feb

Dude lost all credibility when he implied he already had an offer from Oregon because it was under a different staff. As if the offer is sent out by the school not the staff. We have the dumbest fans

Not how it works, if he signed he wouldn't talk to other coaches. Why would someone that has already signed with a team field a call with a new coach and just completely lie to him the entire length of the conversation?

No one needs to sign a NLI, they can just enroll in a school. Moss hasn't signed anything he will just enroll in January, he probably has already committed, but he has not signed anything.

There is no real benefit to a recruit signing an NLI aside from ensuring their spot on the team. Once they sign the school has to release them completely or they are stuck and would have to go through the transferring process. Obviously schools want them to sign the NLI so they know how many recruits are in their class and can find replacements, if need be, instead of finding out moving day when it would be too late to get back up plans.
Yes, but a kid can also sign multiple NLI’s. As long as they don’t enroll yet they can sign multiple

Yes, but a kid can also sign multiple NLI’s. As long as they don’t enroll yet they can sign multiple
No, a National Letter of Intent is a letter of intent. You can't sign two, you are thinking about the financial aid package, or something like that, similar to what Dalvin Cook did. That just guarantees your scholarship.

Advertisement
For all those that still don't understand:

You don't need to sign an NLI, you can enroll at the school right away.

Cyrus Moss is required to tell a coach that contacts him after signing an NLI that he signed and they must cease contact.

You can only sign a NLI with one school and are binded to said school unless they fully release you (they don't have to), otherwise you have to go through the transfer process.

Source: Screenshots below, NLI official page
NLI.png
NLI 2.png
NLI 3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
They can only sign one NLI. I think you are thinking of financial aid agreements. They can sign as many aid agreements as they want. If they sign a NLI and send it in, they are locked into that school and would have to enter the transfer portal. They would then need to sit out a season unless they get a waiver.

I can’t remember the kids name but he signed an NIL for Miami and one for UF. He said he wanted to go to UF and it was a battle between Miami and Florida over who had his right because he sent Miami his NLI first. Miami ended up releasing him so he could go to Florida.

They can only sign one NLI. I think you are thinking of financial aid agreements. They can sign as many aid agreements as they want. If they sign a NLI and send it in, they are locked into that school and would have to enter the transfer portal. They would then need to sit out a season unless they get a waiver.

I can’t remember the kids name but he signed an NIL for Miami and one for UF. He said he wanted to go to UF and it was a battle between Miami and Florida over who had his right because he sent Miami his NLI first. Miami ended up releasing him so he could go to Florida.
Jon Colon OL. Butch let him out of the NLI

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jon Colon OL. Butch let him out of the NLI
He committed and decommited to a bunch of teams. A little long but here is what happened on NSD:

This is where Jonathan Colon stood when he woke up signing day morning. Around 8 am he decides he does not want to be a Florida Gator and his heart tells him to play for the Hurricanes. So he signs his Letter of Intent (LOI) to Miami. Unlike a verbal commitment, a LOI is binding, it is just like a contract. He goes to school and has a 10:45 am press conference to announce his decision. When he gets to school, his high school coaching staff pulls him aside and sits him in a room for two hours where they try to convince him to go to Florida. His mom has brought LOI from the Gators and wants him to sign it. At 10:45, a very depressed Colons signs his LOI and sends it off to Gainesville. At 11:15 am he faxes his LOI to the Miami Hurricane coaching staff. So now the problem is two programs have both gotten what amounts to a contract from the kid. The governing law of the NCAA states that whatever LOI was signed first is the binding one. So now Colon is property of the Miami Hurricanes, but wait the story doesn't end there. Steve Spurrier, as you can guess, is none to happy to learn of this change of events and plans to fight it. His mom, who still wants him to be a Gator, comes out and announces that a woman from Miami visited her house the night before and had told them to sign some papers that were "scholarship forms" for the University of Miami. Since Colon was undecided she signed them. Well, according to his mom, these forms weren't scholarship applications at all, but rather the LOI to Miami. She was duped you see. Colon didn't sign the LOI to Miami at 8 am on February 2, but rather 10 pm on February 1. Which is a no-no, that means the LOI is void because nobody can sign a LOI until 7 am on signing day (February 2). So if this is true, his mom gets her wish and he is a Florida Gator. Now Butch Davis is laughing at this scenario. He has no clue as to what woman showed up at the Colon's door that night. Colon's mom's story sounds pretty far-fetched to me. What mother just starts signing papers regarding her son when she has no clue as to who the person is presenting the papers is or what the papers pertain too? Jonathon Colon disapeared until this afternoon when he stated he wanted to play for the Florida Gators. SO the next step in this whole process is to present it to the NCAA for a final ruling. Guess who is the chairman of that committee? The head of the SEC (Southeastern Athletic Conference), the conference that the Florida Gators are a part of.

He committed and decommited to a bunch of teams. A little long but here is what happened on NSD:

This is where Jonathan Colon stood when he woke up signing day morning. Around 8 am he decides he does not want to be a Florida Gator and his heart tells him to play for the Hurricanes. So he signs his Letter of Intent (LOI) to Miami. Unlike a verbal commitment, a LOI is binding, it is just like a contract. He goes to school and has a 10:45 am press conference to announce his decision. When he gets to school, his high school coaching staff pulls him aside and sits him in a room for two hours where they try to convince him to go to Florida. His mom has brought LOI from the Gators and wants him to sign it. At 10:45, a very depressed Colons signs his LOI and sends it off to Gainesville. At 11:15 am he faxes his LOI to the Miami Hurricane coaching staff. So now the problem is two programs have both gotten what amounts to a contract from the kid. The governing law of the NCAA states that whatever LOI was signed first is the binding one. So now Colon is property of the Miami Hurricanes, but wait the story doesn't end there. Steve Spurrier, as you can guess, is none to happy to learn of this change of events and plans to fight it. His mom, who still wants him to be a Gator, comes out and announces that a woman from Miami visited her house the night before and had told them to sign some papers that were "scholarship forms" for the University of Miami. Since Colon was undecided she signed them. Well, according to his mom, these forms weren't scholarship applications at all, but rather the LOI to Miami. She was duped you see. Colon didn't sign the LOI to Miami at 8 am on February 2, but rather 10 pm on February 1. Which is a no-no, that means the LOI is void because nobody can sign a LOI until 7 am on signing day (February 2). So if this is true, his mom gets her wish and he is a Florida Gator. Now Butch Davis is laughing at this scenario. He has no clue as to what woman showed up at the Colon's door that night. Colon's mom's story sounds pretty far-fetched to me. What mother just starts signing papers regarding her son when she has no clue as to who the person is presenting the papers is or what the papers pertain too? Jonathon Colon disapeared until this afternoon when he stated he wanted to play for the Florida Gators. SO the next step in this whole process is to present it to the NCAA for a final ruling. Guess who is the chairman of that committee? The head of the SEC (Southeastern Athletic Conference), the conference that the Florida Gators are a part of.
Yep that was it, whatever he lost out on Winning a Natty and we kicked his teams *** 2 years later and I believe 2 more times after. ***** that dude

You are recruiting a kid that has since signed with another school. It’s the school’s obligation to perform due diligence.
I get that but Miami doesn't have to disclose if we signed a player or not. The new Oregon coach most likely has zero idea if the kid signed with us.

Advertisement
Back