Official Cypress (Texas) Bridgeland TE Reid Mikeska has a Hurricane offer and is a lovely human with a big heart

Advertisement
Aha, this at least somewhat confirms my theories:

1. If Riley wants in, he has a spot regardless of what the other two decide. Would make no sense to bring him in if there was no opening.
  2. Mikeska has cancelled his UF visit. Clearly has made up his mind between his top two options. Unclear to me if his UM offer is conditional on Riley's visit/decision. If it is dependent on Riley OR if its not UM, absolutely no reason not to visit the Gates. So I'm thinking he actually has a slot and they will take his commitment right now.
  3. If all three want in, they will make it work.
Regarding point #3, if in fact they take three, that either means they're taking one less elsewhere or they're taking a mega class due to the COVID IC exception. I can't see them taking less than four WR and most likely we're taking 1-2 RB. Unclear how many ATH, could be that's where this extra slot would come from.
To quote you, "I would think that they're taking a mega class due to the COVID IC exception".

Advertisement
1655593934817.png

Oklahoma insider just looked into his Crystal Ball and this is what he saw:

Crystal Ball Life GIF by Christina Lu

Advertisement
He is gonna be a cane, Williams as well and Howard after his official next week. Like i said in another post. I watch all 3 TEs film and im not sure Williams is better than Mikeska and Carver.

I don’t see us taking 3 TEs. I’m not including Howard in that group bc he’s a DE imo.

I don’t see us taking Williams, carver and mikesa

We would if they all wanted in.

But why would we put ourselves in that position unless Mario thinks we need 2-3 TEs. As for in line guys, mamarelli will be in his 3rd year and then the athletic TE has Mallory (leaving this year), arroyo (entering his 2nd year), and skinner. I see the need for 2 TEs, 3 is tough unless one of those guys is a freak.

But why would we put ourselves in that position unless Mario thinks we need 2-3 TEs. As for in line guys, mamarelli will be in his 3rd year and then the athletic TE has Mallory (leaving this year), arroyo (entering his 2nd year), and skinner. I see the need for 2 TEs, 3 is tough unless one of those guys is a freak.

Let’s be real, Mammarelli is an extra tackle at this point. He’s been here 2 years, I don’t even believe he’s ever even been targeted for a pass, and Arroyo immediately jumped him despite being a year younger and a true freshman.

So in 2023 you’ve got Arroyo in year 3, and Skinner in year 2. That’s it at the position. If Mammarelli or Brantley do anything noteworthy, I’d be pleasantly surprised. So I think we need at least 2. Taking 3 isn’t out of the question. Should be a full class anyway. If all 3 want in, you take them.

Advertisement
They must’ve have gotten a feel on that Williams either wasnt ready to commit or he wasn’t coming here. It’s not a coincidence that Reid announced his commitment time midway through Williams visit.

Mallory? Huh? These guys will never be on the same roster as him. You are recruiting for the 2024 season god-willing, though we will be forced to bring one along.

1- Going to be a big class, so you have room to stack chips. Think of it as a best player available type draft situation. If all three want to come compete, **** yes. Remember, no counters anymore. Just 85. You recruit guys to take other guys jobs. Now its even easier.

2- Not sure how much they know they can get from Mamarelli and Brantley so next year we might be down to two guys on the roster they really like. If so, we would likely push whoever can't cut it out.

3- One may outgrow the position. I almost expect one to. Big boys.

4- We are going to play a ton of 2 and even 3 TE sets. We need to expand the room.

I meant more so that we have so few true TE's. I consider Brantley more of an H Back type and Mammorelli realistically shouldn't be seeing any meaningful snaps on a very good team. When you consider we will be left with Arroyo, Skinner, Brantley, and Mammorelli going into next year before we consider who we get from this recruiting class, 4 TEs on a team with an OC that likes to emphasize TE play is way to few.

It allows you to Redshirt guys that need one and build future depth while you have horses like Arroyo and Skinner doing their thing.

Advertisement
Mario doesn't want 1 or 2 guys who can play. Every player at every position should be pushing to start, with the talent and hunger necessary. So guys that's been here, they got 1 season to prove they can compete on a championship roster. As i said i see this being a big class so i do see us taking 3 TEs if they want in.

He is gonna be a cane, Williams as well and Howard after his official next week. Like i said in another post. I watch all 3 TEs film and im not sure Williams is better than Mikeska and Carver.
You tripping saying Williams not better than Mikeska! Williams is 2x the athlete, with better hands and makes people miss after the catch plus he can block. Mikeska is a better blocker, that’s it! Carver is a mix between the two and does everything exceptionally well!

Advertisement
Back