CWS Titles

Advertisement
"AND NOW HE THINKS TCU IS BETTER THAN MIAMI!!"

That's what you just did here.

This is what you claimed.

Which I didn't do.

I made an example of TCU in a thread that had turned into a private school debate.

At least get it right.

What's funny is that I was 100% accurate and you're just arguing nitpicky bull**** because you're not willing to lie about this and say I was wrong.

Advertisement
Am not sure why the NCAA blatantly favors the public schools. Their markedly larger size and colossal athletic budgets must be the reason.

On a societal basis, they are preventing athletes from obtaining a superior education. The traditional, private powers were funding 19 scholarships per school in the late 70s.... The NCAA has now reduced scholarships by 7.3 per private school. Would you rather have degrees from Stanford, USC, Miami, Vanderbilt and/or Rice or would you opt for FSU and UF....... So much for student athletes............

Advertisement
Makes you wonder if the ncaa did that to get to miami.back then Miami was an Omaha regular.took 40 yrs to hurt us but you could tell that ever since then we weren't going to Omaha like we did before.another thing why can't the ncaa just set a limit of 27-30 scholarships allowed per yr like football and basketbal others is enough money in the ncaa bank vault to do so.plus are other non revenue sports as well.

The NCAA caters to the Mid-Western and Northeastern Hockey powers. It also played an instrumental role in helping expand the popularity of lacrosse nationwide (to the point that Bill Tierney left Princeton for Denver...). In baseball, it has been the detrimental force in providing marked advantages to state schools. My theory is that they would like the state schools to draw in their large fan-bases and turn baseball into a revenue sport.

A $40,000 differential per student athlete............. That is what UM must surmount......

Advertisement
Back