Cutcliffe's Reasoning of Duke's Loss

daddacane

Senior
Quote from David Cutcliffe.." Coming into the game, Miami's defense looked ripe for the picking."The biggest issue I saw was one of the most basic elements of football: WINNING INDIVIDUAL MATCHUPS. When you start getting whipped things will deteriorate for you".....Reference is made to our defensive performance...Maybe now our own coaches can gain some confidence in letting the kids play...It will certainly be interesting in the Coastal Division as Duke gets GA.Tech the week after Miami. Something to gauge the eventual champion as Dukes schedule looks a little less formidable than Miami's

Advertisement
News flash: Duke is terrible. They won't sniff the Coastal title unless everyone has 3 conference losses.

Quote from David Cutcliffe.." Coming into the game, Miami's defense looked ripe for the picking."The biggest issue I saw was one of the most basic elements of football: WINNING INDIVIDUAL MATCHUPS. When you start getting whipped things will deteriorate for you".....Reference is made to our defensive performance...Maybe now our own coaches can gain some confidence in letting the kids play...It will certainly be interesting in the Coastal Division as Duke gets GA.Tech the week after Miami. Something to gauge the eventual champion as Dukes schedule looks a little less formidable than Miami's

This bull**** annoys me so much. The coaches do this for a living. The players have been playing since Pop Warner. This whole gain/lose confidence is a red herring for the true reason for past performance...ability. Ability to play, ability to coach. So get these intangible forces out of my face.

Miami defense looked ripe for the picking. That's says all u need to know about what No D been selling us. This is Duke saying that. Smh. But great idea No D make your players challenge their's one on one, who would a thought we could actually stop them without any fancy funny looking alignments.

Advertisement
Back