@Cuse 8p WatchEspn

Easy to see why so many people who sat next to me for years didn't renew their season tickets this year. And now the athletic department is obviously concerned about attendance because it sent out an email a few days ago asking for reviews of the fan experience and how to improve matters. At the end they asked if I was planning to renew for next season.

Advertisement
Watched Mack completely lose his man 3 times in 2 possessions solely because he was ball watching. I don't understand how this happens at the D1 level.

Easy to see why so many people who sat next to me for years didn't renew their season tickets this year. And now the athletic department is obviously concerned about attendance because it sent out an email a few days ago asking for reviews of the fan experience and how to improve matters. At the end they asked if I was planning to renew for next season.
But wait ... I thought the place was "sold out." Seriously, those years when purportedly the arena WAS sold out, that may have been "on paper" but never even close with bodies in seats. Like an announced 50,000 at Hard Rock is often really 30,000 (or less).

Advertisement
I thought we had no clue against the vaunted SU zone. Zach and Chris shot 8-30. The team: 34%/27% shooting and 13 TOs.

DJ, Mack, Miller and Gak are right there with him. Next year should be a blast.
I disagree regarding DJ and Gak. DJ is an outstanding sharp shooter. Sure, he has a ton of limitations, but he's developed into a decent player. Should he be playing 30+ minutes? No, but he can contribute as a role player on most ACC teams. I think Gak has the athleticism to develop into a solid ACC big, provided he continues to gain weight and can stay healthy.

100% agreed on Miller

And the jury is still out on Mack. At least he has shown a bit of life, unlike Sam.

I disagree regarding DJ and Gak. DJ is an outstanding sharp shooter. Sure, he has a ton of limitations, but he's developed into a decent player. Should he be playing 30+ minutes? No, but he can contribute as a role player on most ACC teams. I think Gak has the athleticism to develop into a solid ACC big, provided he continues to gain weight and can stay healthy.

100% agreed on Miller

And the jury is still out on Mack. At least he has shown a bit of life, unlike Sam.
Couldn't agree more on DJ. Overall, he is a big asset. Gak showed some ability in the limited time we saw him. Mack, I'm not high on. If we're seeing his upside, Coach shoulda passed on him. But that's hindsight. Sam isn't even a poor man's Cruz-Uceda.

For all of the people who want four years of 3 star talent and below, this is it. I hope people realize now that you need four and five star talent on your roster every year even if they turn pro in a year or two. That amount of talent makes a difference.
Roster management is the key.
Those guys are good players but they don't play good for an extended period of time.

Advertisement

100% agreed on Miller

I still maintain that a ++shooter that offers absolutely nothing else is not an ACC caliber profile. Goes for both DJ and Bigger DJ (Mack).

I still maintain that a ++shooter that offers absolutely nothing else is not an ACC caliber profile. Goes for both DJ and Bigger DJ (Mack).
Tell that to Gerry McNamara and loads of other ACC stars of the past. Billy Donovan at Providence in the Big East glory days is another example. Not saying DJ is their quality but ... same type of player. You can have all the 4 star "athletes" who dunk spectacularly once a game but can't hit the side of a barn from outside (like a DeQuan Jones), I'll take the unathletic kid who can put the 3 ball in the basket 40% of the time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back