@Cuse 8p WatchEspn

Advertisement
Syracuse hasn't been able to shoot all year, up until the last 2 games. Color me shocked. The problem is that if Miami goes man, the game speeds up, and that doesn't help due to the lack of depth. The only way Miami can win this game is if Syracuse reverts back to the crappy shooting them they've been **** near all year.

Advertisement
Boeheim complains after every call but Coach L gets the technical. The ACC is great.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Of course Cuse is shooting over 50% from three. UNC did this too. You have to blame much of it on our perimeter defense I guess, but is it also partly just bad luck that teams are hot against us right now? It's totally reasonable at the college level for teams to have cold nights even when open shots are available. Not happening for us though. 9 blocks and 4 steals aren't helping us either. Our offense is struggling with their defense.

When guys aren't even looking at the rim, chucking with a hand in their face, and it still goes in all net, there's nothing you can do about that. Syracuse is a garbage shooting team, playing a zone D is as solid a play as can be, but they are having the night of their lives from deep. Think about it, it is almost impossible to be significantly better from 3 than 2 percentage wise. Syracuse is crushing the percentages tonight.

Advertisement
Boeheim complains after every call but Coach L gets the technical. The ACC is great.

Boeheim has done this in every game for the last couple decades. I guess the tech wasn't on Coach L though, so maybe they'd give him a little more leeway than whichever assistant shot his mouth off. Definitely goaltending either way.

Advertisement
Not a huge surprise here. A decent 7 of 8 in a row ACC team including a big win over Duke energized before a brutal big home crowd over an undermanned team with holes, having pretty much an off-night, and we get blown out. A good ACC team is tuff to beat at Home almost always.

We lose: 53-73

There were some good moments in the 1st half.

Then along came the 2nd half:

tenor.gif

Horrible shooting night when all said and done: 32.8%. Even worse considering we out-rebounded them on the offensive glass 15-3

Cuse makes more 3s: 14 than 2s: 12

Free Dewan

Best news of a dismal nite (besides being my 1000th post!) is Willie stays at 100% FG and FT percentage shooting. Let's see more of him Please!

Advertisement
Back