Curtis Johnson Jr.

Advertisement
Per Canesinsight's tweet! He's available! Thoughts.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Johnson_(American_football_coach)

Not a chance in **** if Richt is calling plays. His next step would be a coordinator. He probably easily gets a job in the NFL that would pay more. To come here as a CO OC would be very unlikely with his earning potential in the NFL

It's as DC

he has never coached Defense

Advertisement
Why on earth would a former WR and WR coach turned head coach....coach defense? And why would we want him?

Per Canesinsight's tweet! He's available! Thoughts.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Johnson_(American_football_coach)

Not a chance in **** if Richt is calling plays. His next step would be a coordinator. He probably easily gets a job in the NFL that would pay more. To come here as a CO OC would be very unlikely with his earning potential in the NFL

It's as DC

Jesus Christ.

We're not going to get the old band back together again. Johnson is a former Canes WR coach, Tulane HC plus he's probably not one of Richt's guys.

Advertisement
I actually thought this was interesting...... Until I read "as DC". WHile he would undoubtedly be better than Dorito (can't be worse), hiring a tenured wr staff as DC just doesn't seem smart.

Lots of great conversations get started at 3:00 am on here. This was like reading a transcript of a bunch of mental patients sitting in the TV room.

His next job is as a WR coach again, likely in the NFL, but maybe in college. He was a G-d awful HC, and one of his biggest problems is that he tried to run the offense, and meddle in every affair of the offense, and had no idea what he was doing. He would make a very bad OC in my opinion. I would take him as a WR coach, but it's not happening.

Advertisement
The only reason his name is being mentioned is because he used to coach here. Giving this guy a co-OC title after seeing the disastrous offenses he just fielded at Tulane would be the height of stupidity. An up and comer with upside would be a better choice for co-OC opposite Brown than a proven failure.

But hey, he's a Miami man, so let's bring the band back, right?

Johnson belongs in the NFL so he can do what he does best and that is coach WRs and nothing more.
He doesn't belong in any conversation regarding OC and he was overrated as a recruiter.
And before anyone disputes the latter, remember how we were trotting out punters at WR during Coker's last
couple of years.

Advertisement
Johnson belongs in the NFL so he can do what he does best and that is coach WRs and nothing more.
He doesn't belong in any conversation regarding OC and he was overrated as a recruiter.
And before anyone disputes the latter, remember how we were trotting out punters at WR during Coker's last
couple of years.

In his defense on the recruting part. He was good under Butch. I think and it's only my opinion that Coker had a lot more to do with why we dropped so much in WR recruting.
He was an excellent WR coach.

Advertisement
Back