current recruit and The U

eliteproxy

Junior
what University of Miami did in the 80's for this town and the residents of this town is unparalleled. SO many kids were getting in to bs and wasting tallent, leaving home and getting in to trouble. Schools that recruited south florida kids were used as tackling dummies and talents were wasted. the ND/Nebraska All American Football was the colture.

Miami brought these kids together and used that talent and shocked college football. Those kids had a program that cared about them and so many great NFL careers came form it.

One of the reasons high school football is so big in Miami/South FL is because of what UM did.

Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Vilma etc etc etc all those guys understood this and when they commit to Miami & put in work to make sure we stay on top, they were giving back to the program that helped them get to where they are.

because of what Miami did..todays recruits,have so many more options now and the fact that they are flirting with FSU etc and playing us against them is disheartening to me. If you bealive you are better of at FSU or another school and you like them better.. fine.. its your life. but to play games with this program is not right...even if you endup committing to Miami

FSU has been lying their *** off to these kids about our upcoming sanctions and seems like only a hand full of these kids understand what is happening.

Alex Colins, MT6, Coley are in a different category than Keith Bryant.

Mathew Thomas loves Miami..its obvious, but that fact that he can't make it here on the biggest day of our recruiting (don't give me the ticket bs, he KNEW way before he bought those tickets that we are having this event) shows the lack of respect for this program. It is so obvious Golden and company will turn MT6 in to an NFL star, FSU will move on next year and not even look back.. they just dont' care! same with Alabama etc.

Alex Collins has been lied to so much by FSU recruiters than he has no clue what the heck to do. To consider Arkansas over Miami shows you there is a huge disconnect here.

Keith Bryant..oh boy...this kid wants attention.. he got it. I see him going to FSU and next season the coaches not even caring about developing him because there is a new DT prospect in 2014 and they are moving on. I don't need to see pictures of FSU cakes or him posting videos on Tiwtter of an FSU guy throwing a miami o-lineman on the ground. (hey Keith, if you want to see FSU lineman being tossed around like idiots look at every single Miami vs FSU from from 1982-2004).

These sanctions may not hurt us financially,etc, but they gave our rivals HUGE ammo on recruiting

NOBODY.. NO SCHOOL...NO PROGRAM.. cares more about south florida players than Miami. I spoke to current players parents allot and the level of communication he has with these parents (WAY after recruiting is over) is just incredible.

I wanted to give this its own thread because its always nice to show off our NFL talent and our 5 NC etc etc.. but you always need to appreciate and understand that where you are today as a player in a south florida high school has direct ties to what Miami has done from the 80's on.

my favorite pic of all time for the canes.. When everyone wrote off Miami after the sanctions in the mid 90's these guys stayed and protected and showed appreciation for this program.

Go Canes!

Miami-U-miami-hurricanes-24722776-653-436.jpg:neonu:

Advertisement
(hey Keith, if you want to see FSU lineman being tossed around like idiots look at every single Miami vs FSU from from 1982-2004).

Except a few years in the middle.

Nonetheless, these youngens need to get back to the mentality of puttin' on fo' yo' city.

what University of Miami did in the 80's for this town and the residents of this town is unparalleled. SO many kids were getting in to bs and wasting tallent, leaving home and getting in to trouble. Schools that recruited south florida kids were used as tackling dummies and talents were wasted. the ND/Nebraska All American Football was the colture.

Miami brought these kids together and used that talent and shocked college football. Those kids had a program that cared about them and so many great NFL careers came form it.

One of the reasons high school football is so big in Miami/South FL is because of what UM did.

Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Vilma etc etc etc all those guys understood this and when they commit to Miami & put in work to make sure we stay on top, they were giving back to the program that helped them get to where they are.

because of what Miami did..todays recruits,have so many more options now and the fact that they are flirting with FSU etc and playing us against them is disheartening to me. If you bealive you are better of at FSU or another school and you like them better.. fine.. its your life. but to play games with this program is not right...even if you endup committing to Miami

FSU has been lying their *** off to these kids about our upcoming sanctions and seems like only a hand full of these kids understand what is happening.

Alex Colins, MT6, Coley are in a different category than Keith Bryant.

Mathew Thomas loves Miami..its obvious, but that fact that he can't make it here on the biggest day of our recruiting (don't give me the ticket bs, he KNEW way before he bought those tickets that we are having this event) shows the lack of respect for this program. It is so obvious Golden and company will turn MT6 in to an NFL star, FSU will move on next year and not even look back.. they just dont' care! same with Alabama etc.

Alex Collins has been lied to so much by FSU recruiters than he has no clue what the heck to do. To consider Arkansas over Miami shows you there is a huge disconnect here.

Keith Bryant..oh boy...this kid wants attention.. he got it. I see him going to FSU and next season the coaches not even caring about developing him because there is a new DT prospect in 2014 and they are moving on. I don't need to see pictures of FSU cakes or him posting videos on Tiwtter of an FSU guy throwing a miami o-lineman on the ground. (hey Keith, if you want to see FSU lineman being tossed around like idiots look at every single Miami vs FSU from from 1982-2004).

These sanctions may not hurt us financially,etc, but they gave our rivals HUGE ammo on recruiting

NOBODY.. NO SCHOOL...NO PROGRAM.. cares more about south florida players than Miami. I spoke to current players parents allot and the level of communication he has with these parents (WAY after recruiting is over) is just incredible.

I wanted to give this its own thread because its always nice to show off our NFL talent and our 5 NC etc etc.. but you always need to appreciate and understand that where you are today as a player in a south florida high school has direct ties to what Miami has done from the 80's on.

my favorite pic of all time for the canes.. When everyone wrote off Miami after the sanctions in the mid 90's these guys stayed and protected and showed appreciation for this program.

Go Canes!

View attachment 22031:neonu:

Great post proxy!! Can I get an Amen?

Advertisement
Lol at the Ed Reed comment but i think that the biggest thing alot of UM fans dont understand is being from Miami (Liberty City 45 & 17) i just want these guys to get out and help their family do better its bigger than UM tho I would love for them to come as long as they get an chance to better themselves where ever they go im all for it. Look at Finnie i kinda wish he would have left Miami me knowning his family personally Miami just wasnt a good place for him to be and for some of these guys staying in Miami may not be a good choice for them either

Advertisement
Lol at the Ed Reed comment but i think that the biggest thing alot of UM fans dont understand is being from Miami (Liberty City 45 & 17) i just want these guys to get out and help their family do better its bigger than UM tho I would love for them to come as long as they get an chance to better themselves where ever they go im all for it. Look at Finnie i kinda wish he would have left Miami me knowning his family personally Miami just wasnt a good place for him to be and for some of these guys staying in Miami may not be a good choice for them either

If you're prone to getting into trouble, you will find trouble wherever you go.
I hear this "he needs to leave home..." cliche from folks advocating kids leaving their
hometown in order for them to stay out of trouble.
But there have been many instances of local soFla kids getting arrested in Trailerhassee,
gaynesville and other schools around the country.

you get caught stealing laptops from dorms, you're going to be doing that anywhere man. That or whatever other opportunity presented itself.

Finnie was a punk thief. He stole from his teammates. It's disgusting. But regardless, UM is actually a better place for a lot of these kids than other schools are. At places like FSU, you basically run the little podunk town, have nobody really looking after you...UM has a more structured environment with people around who know the city and know the types of players we get, and how to look out for warning signs. Willie Williams never got into trouble while @ UM...he started getting into trouble again when he went elsewhere. We know the city and how to handle the problems that come along with it. Sometimes it's bad news for a lot of kids who may need discipline and structure to be put into the classic college environment.

I hear your comments loud and clear but if you havent walked in those shoes .... You will never understand..

Advertisement
there all gonna come to miami they dont need a visit they come there all the time they just wanna go on trips right now sometimes it takes patience for a good thing how bout we not go down to the level of those schools and keep it positive about this U we coming back regardless now we really dont need every recruit but we will get them

Advertisement

I hear this "he needs to leave home..." cliche from folks advocating kids leaving their
But there have been many instances of local soFla kids getting arrested in Trailerhassee,

Willie Williams left Miami after his stint at UM. Was he able to stay out of trouble away from Miami? In the words of Kevin S. LOL.

exactly. nukeese richardson is an example.

Coral Gables being in Dade Co. had nothing to do w/ Finnie's incredibly selfish and poor decision to (allegedly) steal from a former teammate. A back stabber will back stab wherever he goes.

This guy got it..
671-2799657.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.jpg

aannnddd so did this guy..
THEUMIAMIJIMMYJOHNSON_display_image.jpg

aaannnddd this guy...
921-88CTX.St.56.jpg

and we all know that this guy gets it!!!
105384-650-366.jpg

AlGoldengetsit.jpg

Advertisement
Back