sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
Currently we have

1 - 5* Lingard
5 - 4* Jobe, Frierson, Wiggins, Davis and Sitkowski
5 - 3* Ivey, Patterson, Scaife, Silvera, Russell
1 - 2* Burns

I believe after they are reassessed Ivey, Scaife and Silvera will all be 4* with Jobe possibly also 5*.

Patterson and Burn I don't believe will be takes.

That would give us a start of 2 5* and 7 4* players.

Adding potentially a list of players:

WR - Pope, Hightower and then one of Moore, Austin, Thompson etc - would be 4 total receivers 1 5* (Pope) and then 3 4* players.
TE - Brevin Jordan and Mallory would give us 2 high 4* TE's that could cause match up nightmares. If Mallory chooses Michigan then we would have to close with
OL - we could possibly pull 3-4 4* players here (Scaife, Reed, Dunlap and Bernes). Barnes needs to be mad a priority as he's favored to the Gators right now.

That would be 2 5*'s and 8-10 4* players just on O!!!!

D-Line I would want to add Chatman to Silvera and then go for a big fish like Vincent at DT. I'm not really sure where we are going at DE right now so I'll leave that blank.
LB - Louis at MLB then either Reese or Abdullah. (Maybe both depending on attrition.
DB - adding Hall, Blades, Campbell would give us an incredible secondary.

That would be 2 5* and 8-9 4*'s on D.

The class would be 3-4 5*'s and 16-19 4* players. That would be too 3 if not #1 next year.

For this to be a possibility in year 2 under Richt is incredible. The fact that we will have to turn away 4* players shows you how far we've come in the last 15 months.

Advertisement
Burns bringing our class down. I keep hearing he is just a track guy but every recruiting site got em as one of our football recruit.

also Burns looks taller then 5'9 to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stars don't matter.... UNTIL WE GOT ALLLLLL OF EM!!!

**** YEA.

But seriously - too a point Stars do matter. There is a reason Alabama is always right at the top. Of course Stars is only half the equation. Coaching is the other half.

Stars are a popularity contest. These so-called scouts may make a general grade, but then they look at who the coaches at programs like Bama are heavily recruiting and the camp buzz to make their choices. They're followers not leaders.

So if you believe Richt's staff is any good at what they do (e.g., recruiting and developing 3-star Joe Jackson into a Freshman AA), then you should only really care about who's highest on his board and whether or not we get them. Does anyone care that Garvin was a three star? Or that Gaynor was a 2/3 star? Everyone who follows them knows they'll deliver for us. Obviously, if other great evaluators like Saban's staff want a kid and we get him, that helps validate their potential. But it all comes down to whether or not Richt gets the guys he wants, and you/we trust he knows how to pick them.

Stars are a popularity contest. These so-called scouts may make a general grade, but then they look at who the coaches at programs like Bama are heavily recruiting and the camp buzz to make their choices. They're followers not leaders.

So if you believe Richt's staff is any good at what they do (e.g., recruiting and developing 3-star Joe Jackson into a Freshman AA), then you should only really care about who's highest on his board and whether or not we get them. Does anyone care that Garvin was a three star? Or that Gaynor was a 2/3 star? Everyone who follows them knows they'll deliver for us. Obviously, if other great evaluators like Saban's staff want a kid and we get him, that helps validate their potential. But it all comes down to whether or not Richt gets the guys he wants, and you/we trust he knows how to pick them.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 1.08.19 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 1.09.47 PM.jpg

was a good try at creating your narrative, though

Regardless of the popularity contest - the national champs generally have the most 4-5* players on the team. I'm just pointing out that we are trending to get to the +70% of players being highly rated.

Advertisement
If Jobe and Campbell aren't 5* when this is over, the ranking sites can kiss my ***. Both of those kids are absolutely freaky athletes.

View attachment 43192
View attachment 43193

Garvin was 100% a 3 star until the final rankings were released. Westendzone crew s always coming over here with some bull****.

View attachment 43192
View attachment 43193

Garvin was 100% a 3 star until the final rankings were released. Westendzone crew s always coming over here with some bull****.

Lol he put up facts and you call it "some bull****?"

Both Jackson and Gavin were three stars until late in the cycle. They only got their fourth stars after they had committed to the Canes and other schools started coming after them. It's happening this cycle with Ivey, Scaife and several of our other verbals and targets who we've been on forever. Meanwhile, Richt walked away from consensus 4 stars like Telfort and Gamble because he evaluated them and for whatever reason preferred other kids. I am just as enthusiastic about the recruiting as OP, but I just don't see how star ratings matter to our success.

Advertisement
**** it

make em 2 stars

let them come with a big ******* chip on their shoulders

we back and we ******

View attachment 43192
View attachment 43193

Agh, the final rankings are the ones that end up counting and are archived, just sayin....

Advertisement
Burns bringing our class down. I keep hearing he is just a track guy but every recruiting site got em as one of our football recruit.

also Burns looks taller then 5'9 to me.

no you are, if he is a track guy that means he is fast and the
last time i checked speed kills!! get off those stars op.

Both Jackson and Gavin were three stars until late in the cycle. They only got their fourth stars after they had committed to the Canes and other schools started coming after them. It's happening this cycle with Ivey, Scaife and several of our other verbals and targets who we've been on forever. Meanwhile, Richt walked away from consensus 4 stars like Telfort and Gamble because he evaluated them and for whatever reason preferred other kids. I am just as enthusiastic about the recruiting as OP, but I just don't see how star ratings matter to our success.

so the final rankings don't count because.....it was the final rankings???

stars matter, its undeniable. Look at the the last 10 national champions and look at their blue chip ratio (5* and 4* players vs 3* and below)

Advertisement
Back