Curious what you think are the odds that Rosier gets pulled at some time during the LSU game

See I don't understand why people think someone like this is going to happen. I am pretty confident that if Rosier is the QB for LSU he will be the QB until we lose at least 1 game. If we are winning, Richt is not the type of coach that would go with another player even if they are performing better in mop-up duty.

Once the season starts, a back-up quarterback will NOT win the starting position, Rosier will have to lose it. And as mentioned by many in this thread, he will need to lose 1 or two games for that to happen or a blow out. Regardless, it is safe to say if Rosier starts against LSU and Perry or Williams starts at FSU we have lost at least 1 game.
I disagree. I think Richt will absolutely make a change before we lose a game, if the writing is on the wall. Obviously that is predicated on the backup being superb (and not merely a little better than Rosier).

Rosier already lost his game - Pitt. We didn’t have anyone else ready. If and when we do, it should be a short leash. It should be at every position, IMO.

Advertisement
It's tough to quantify, but I'd say somewhere around 5% not including an injury to Rosier. I'm expecting this game to be an absolute war. Neither side is running away with it. It's ride or die with Rosier for this game. I'd be surprised if anything else happens.

It will be a sum of events, starting with fall camp. If he is still sputtering thru camp and starts ******** it up in the first half, he will get replaced. Then it is up to Perry. If Perry catches fire unlike the other clown we trotted out there for Pitt, then Rosier is done.

He pulled Rosier against Pitt and it was still close. It all depends on Rosier's performance. I do not believe Richt will allow another 1st half FSU, Pitt, or GTech like performance without yanking Rosier for Perry or Williams. These guys are way more talented and capable than Evan was already. They proved that in the spring game. I believe the leash is shorter now than at any point last season. We will know for sure after fall camp.

Advertisement
Rosier’strenght is winning close games. Unless we are winning or losing big heplays the whole game. We need him to win this game. The young guns will get burn in the season because of the new rule. If one shows real promise, mark will consider pulling a Saban in big game and switch him out. The good news is we have a 10 win 5th team season backed up by 2 or 3 hot young guns instead of only one able body.

I wonder if LSU trashes there QB or anyone else on there team that's getting ready to play the most important game to date , probably not.

I HOPE WE DON'T GET YOU ALL'S WISH IN MALIK HAVING A BAD GAME , NORMALLY A TEAM SUPPORTS THERE QB SAD MANY HERE WANT THE WORST FOR HIM AND OUR CANES.

Are we truly a team of fair weather fans , most here prove we are, sad.

GOCANES

I hope we come into this game popping on all cylinders. I hope when we go on offense that LSU won't be able to get us off the field. I hope we score in every possible way. I hope we put ALL of our offensive talent depth on display and run them off the field. I'm hoping for a complete shutout....with that being said

BUT What I hope will happen and what I think will happen are different

I think that this game will be a defensive struggle minus a couple of big plays. i also feel that both defenses may also score. Turnovers will be the key to this game...and we've got the chain

I think because both defenses may dominate CMR will search for a way to put a spark in our offense.

So I think the odds of Rosier being pulled at sometime during the game at 50%.

It may just be for a series or two unless the sub Kosi, JW or Weldon gets on fire, but it may help Malik get back on track

What do you think?

50%? I think you need to watch that interview Richt did recently where he said his biggest regret was pulling Malik out of Pitt. Richt admires Rosier's ability to pull it together late in the game. He thinks if he left him in against Pitt he may have had a chance to turn it around.

Advertisement
Maybe some are
6 people disagreed with your post. Nobody liked the contents of your post Bad message. Perhaps you should think harder before posting your next message. This one was a big zero.

LOL!!.....So what???

I posted my opinion and asked others for their opinion. Im sure there may be lots more that disagree.

Grown men can disagree.

Perhaps when you finally grow a pair, and get a lot more bass in your voice, and develop some self esteem you'll realize that this board and life isn't a high school popularity contest. I'm NOT offended when someone disagrees with me Sweetie, I have my opinions and they have theirs.

Is that why you're afraid to post ??... because you're afraid someone will disagree with you?? That's sad and pathetic....but that's you.

So you hide far in the back NEVER contributing anything of value ......only snide juvenile criticisms of what other people post.

In short you're a Peon, a non-entity.

But thanks anyway for your attempt at providing input....it has been put into my circular file.

Last edited:
Rosier leaves the game after three quarters and 3 TD's.

Miami wins 41-13. LSU gets a garbage time TD, but one of the young guys strike right back, something like Kosi/Williams to Pope/Hightower, and this argument continues until FSU.

Advertisement
This is the only game on the schedule that we can afford to lose.

That being said I expect us to win and that would mean Dozier doesn't get pulled.

You can't say 0. While it is low %, but how many people thought Jalen Hurts would be pulled in the national championship game? The answer cant be zero. But if miami is down 17-3 at half time, you gotta think someone showed something more in camp than 3 points. Put that guy in.

Advertisement
How many ways are you guys going to ask the same question?

He's not just starting the LSU game he is the starter for the entire LSU game.

50%? I think you need to watch that interview Richt did recently where he said his biggest regret was pulling Malik out of Pitt. Richt admires Rosier's ability to pull it together late in the game. He thinks if he left him in against Pitt he may have had a chance to turn it around.

Malik needed to get pulled. Should have been sooner but it had to be done because he was mailing it in.

Malik needed to get pulled. Should have been sooner but it had to be done because he was mailing it in.

Yes, but Richt has reconsidered that opinion and since he is in charge, I doubt that 50% is an accurate prediction of him getting pulled in the opener.

Advertisement
Back