Culture illustrated in two plays

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Why coaches care about character. Look at the Bengals WRs block down the field vs George Pickens. The most promising development this year was the effort and lack of quit on the team. Haven't seen that in a long time.

Good culture

Bad culture

Advertisement
i vomited seeing Pickens. not the first time. he needs to get cut yesterday. the fact that he didnt indicates FURTHER that Tomlin needs to retire.

Advertisement
The fact that it is getting hammered in the media is nice. Hopefully the response to such a lack of effort resonates with young players.

Advertisement
Retire at 51?
yes, i prefer that which is much more honorable and provides dignity and respect for what's he done in the past rather than getting fired, and i don't think the Steelers would fire him even though i think he's not cutting it.

yes, i prefer that which is much more honorable and provides dignity and respect for what's he done in the past rather than getting fired, and i don't think the Steelers would fire him even though i think he's not cutting it.
Tell me more about this coaches retiring in their early 50's because their record isn't cutting it....

Advertisement
Imagine making millions as a professional and being so entitled you don’t want to play hard..
If pay were based on performance you wouldn't. But the reality is the league doesn't care and neither does the players union. The only thing that matters is views.

Could be culture or could just be the player. We've had plenty examples of this prior. For an outsider to blame culture is quite hilarious. Blame the player.

The Jacolby George recovery of B. Smiths fumble in the end zone was huge.
This + a good number of other “effort” plays were on display consistently this year.

I wanted to punch Mario in the throat at least 46 times this year. But I’d be lying if I didn’t say there is a noticeable difference in the way this team plays vs teams under different regimes.

i vomited seeing Pickens. not the first time. he needs to get cut yesterday. the fact that he didnt indicates FURTHER that Tomlin needs to retire.
Look after how Tomlin was able to control AB, That dude is a saint and the best in the NFL at controlling these selfish *** WR that the Steelers always seem to have. They don't have any guys like Hines Ward, they got a bunch of selfish dudes.

Advertisement
Look after how Tomlin was able to control AB, That dude is a saint and the best in the NFL at controlling these selfish *** WR that the Steelers always seem to have. They don't have any guys like Hines Ward, they got a bunch of selfish dudes.
i disagree. he wasn´t really able to control AB nor Bell nor others. steelers need new leadership, badly.

Why coaches care about character. Look at the Bengals WRs block down the field vs George Pickens. The most promising development this year was the effort and lack of quit on the team. Haven't seen that in a long time.

Good culture

Bad culture

Michael Irvin/g openly admits he laid on the ground after INTs to avoid getting cherry picked by LBs. He won 3 SB titles and a natty during the “tough guy” 80s & 90s.

Advertisement
Back