Culture change

Advertisement
The culture is instilled by the HC, not a part-time employee. If the HC is trash, you can have all the rah rah speeches from Hall of Fame alums and part-time staffers in the world, and none of it will work. Manure will have to prove that HE is cut out for this. It's HIS team, not Ed Reed's.

Win some games and play some exciting football, and the culture will get better instantly. It's hard to have a great culture when you're losing to FIU and La Tech and GT and Puke. Culture is the crutch for the failed coach looking for excuses and time.

What manny needs to do is change his soft *** mentality, if he doesn't, he'll continue to fail. I said out the gate, "can manny lead men" going out and re-recruiting quitters and losers(transfer portal)and naming them starters and trying to force them as captains or leaders on the team in the name of "increasing competition" is for sucka's, which is why coach diaz lost credibility last year and the team played those last games cause they didn't care.

All the coaches that had Great success here named the Goons as the team captains on the squad, in the meantime coach diaz naming half committed players as starters and hyping up portal guys, any coach with any type of self pride and self awareness would not being hyping up a guy like transfer tate, who hasn't don't **** in college football as somebody to fear, that **** was disgusting to hear and his play and playing time reflected it. No coach is going to win a team over doing that hoe *** ****, not gone happen.

When coach richt started dealing with them soft *** crybabies on the team, most on these message boards bashed em like he didn't know WTF he was doing, I luv when the jeff thomas situation happened, coach richt didn't hesitate "we wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors" BEAUTIFUL, and with jarren williams, coach richt was gone dog walk em for them half hearted stunts he kept pulling, lured his *** back in and let em ride the pine. If jw15 thought coach richt was gone let him hold him hostage, he was about to get set-up, coach richt was gone deal with that selfishness in em. In the meantime coach diaz sold his soul and still ended up 6 & 7, that's the sad part and most of the posters here have the same soft *** mentality as the crybabies on the team.

The real question is, can coach diaz develop The real Cane mentality, and not that yes man **** he trying to run over there.

Manny is too soft. But ask yourself this, is he really going to change that? I think we all know the answer to that.

Advertisement
I never understood why Manny tried to put that responsibility on the team so early RS Freshman Qb, JT4, Ivey messed up off the field, alot of young guys...imo we don't have that type of team/players yet so Manny needs to take on that responsibility
Manny set the tone and the team got the message early that he was speaking out of both sides of his mouth about culture when he pursued and allowed Thomas back - I understand the attempt maybe thinking he could change him, but it was an epic fail for the season.

you take as many Restrepo, Cam Davis, Quarterman's etc. who would run through a brick wall for UM as you can for a few years. Until the culture is repaired enough to take on the risk of high ceiling/high risk kids like Jeff Thomas, Donell Harris who could put us over the hump to win the ACC, but could also cause 2019 type seasons again.

Manny is too soft. But ask yourself this, is he really going to change that? I think we all know the answer to that.

For real, I never had to ask, I seen that look in his eyes and how he was looking during the pre-game festivities for that Lsu game, he wasn't going joel rodriguez or coach thomas brown style, that's for sure!

Advertisement
COVID or no COVID, he wasn’t going to be on campus during the spring because of other obligations and his kid, I believe. The Reed hire was a PR stunt to get fans like you excited, save face from the Highsmith disaster and help on big recruiting events. Perhaps, he’d be more on campus during season. Reed isn’t changing anything of substance, nor should he.

Church

I don’t expect Ed Reed to be there day to day. Hopefully he can help guide Manny into Malone some better choices.

Maybe it was just publicity, but I do believe that Ed Reed loves the program and will be of some benefit. I know that we played down some games in the past. But do we have someone to step up like Reed did and will the team to win those close games?

Hopefully, with the talent we have (which is more than enough to win our division), the change to the spread O, an offensive coordinator who can put points on the board, and a talented QB who can actually lead a team, we can make up for the deficiencies at the top.

We can get to 10 wins as-is with the above-mentioned in place, but to take that next step to Clemson territory requires a championship-caliber AD and HC. No escaping that reality.

Ed knows football and most importantly he knows championship football. He may not help us on the field per se, but he will be the football mind we need who can fill the gaps that the AD and HC are missing. He'll at least be able to prevent a complete fetal position vomit like last season. I hope he has complete, unfettered access to Blake and Manny's offices to walk in and throw table and chairs if he has to. Raise complete **** and demand excellence at the top.

Do that Ed and you are my hero.

Advertisement
Back