Cruz Uceda visiting this weekend

Advertisement
Great stuff. Now is this kid a normal big man or a Pau Gasol type?

Junior college center Ivan Cruz Uceda out of Harcum College (PA) in suburban Philadelphia has received offers from Marquette, Seton Hall, Cincinnati, Arizona State, Iowa State, Florida Atlantic and Liberty.

Standing at 6'10, Uceda Cruz averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds per game last season for Harcum and head coach Drew Kelly.

If he is from Spain our offer clearly sticks out.

I don't know what a "normal big man" is anymore considering that almost all players, even the ones listed as centers, like to describe themselves as "stretch" players and talk about the ability to hit threes. That being said, Uceda seems to have a significant rebounding prowess - he set his school's single season "rebounds per game" average and is on pace to break the total rebound record if he plays a full season this year.

As is surmised in the article, Miami being an international city and having many Spanish speakers is probably more attractive than many of the schools on his list.

A normal big man, one that exhibits normal PF/C behavior. A banger, post game, scores from w/in 15 feet.

He is from Spain, they tend to be less banger and more small forward and less power forward. More of an outside shooter and less post game.

A normal big man, one that exhibits normal PF/C behavior. A banger, post game, scores from w/in 15 feet.

He is from Spain, they tend to be less banger and more small forward and less power forward. More of an outside shooter and less post game.

And my point is, the way the game has changed, no one wants to be that anymore and the "normal behavior" has changed. We just got a guy talking about stretching the defense shooting 3s. Reggie Johnson weighed 300 pounds and took the open trailing three as often as he could. He has rebounding prowess and shot 59 percent from the field (and took fewer than 2 threes per game), which indicates that while he has some ability to hit from outside, he knows he is more useful around the basket.

Advertisement
Yes the game has changed, yes players are able to leave their traditional roles (post game and rebound) and play more expanded roles (stretch the floor, hit 3s). I am asking for information since I don't have much.

So rather then make you go into some crazy analysis, just tried to keep it simple. If that is not possible, BECAUSE THE GAME HAS CHANGED, then that is fine.

Just be honest and ask if he is a soft euro with a shaggy beard

Just be honest and ask if he is a soft euro with a shaggy beard

Does he smell like he took a bath in givenchy?

Advertisement
Back