Crown Donna Shalala

Southcane

Senior
The way she handled the whole Nevin Shapiro fiasco is the reason why we are now ecstatic, celebrating our best season since 2005 with much hope and excitement.
Her full cooperation with the NCAA, transparency, ability to be proactive and looking ahead with clear vision and smart PR campaign through the whole thing all showing the result now.

Self imposed ban of two "irrelevant" bowls in two down years, while painful at the time proved to be stroke of genius. Look at us now.
We couldn't have asked for a better managed crisis.
Every UM fan is very grateful to coach Golden for how he dealt with the whole situation and deservedly so, but we should also be very grateful to the university president. Without her leadership we could have found ourselves in very tough times for many years to come.

Advertisement
I remember getting my jimmies rustled debating the idiots who claimed she had no clue what she was doing and no control over the investigation. You remember those fools who said that we should not have self-imposed last year and that by doing so it was clear Donna was caving into the NCAA? The dweebs who claimed she didn't care about football? LULZ.

That girl is a chess master. She knew she had Emmert checkmated last year. If you read the report, the COI continued to emphasize how important our cooperation, candor, transparency, and self-imposed sanctions were in mitigating the penalties. And she balanced all that with very shrewd advocacy when appropriate. You don't get to where she is by accident.

I remember getting my jimmies rustled debating the idiots who claimed she had no clue what she was doing and no control over the investigation. You remember those fools who said that we should not have self-imposed last year and that by doing so it was clear Donna was caving into the NCAA? The dweebs who claimed she didn't care about football? LULZ.

That girl is a chess master. She knew she had Emmert checkmated last year. If you read the report, the COI continued to emphasize how important our cooperation, candor, transparency, and self-imposed sanctions were in mitigating the penalties. And she balanced all that with very shrewd advocacy when appropriate. You don't get to where she is by accident.

Maybe she can act in the capacity of a consultant for the NCAA, good advice is better then getting butthurt.

Don Donna is a boss. She saw an opening when some of the ncaa's malfeasance was discovered, and she absolutely crushed them. In jiu jitsu parlance, she choked them out with their own gi.

For all the morans who think it was her desire to destroy the football program, I ask that you choke to death on a c0ckburger this afternoon. A simple request. Instead of chewing the c0ckburger like you usually do, just swallow it whole and asphyxiate yourselves.

Next time one of those dumb piece of sht morans, who holds a grudge against her because they hate Bill Clinton, goes off on Don Donna (and trust me it's coming down the road after the heat of her victory here dies down), please cite them to her handling of this sordid fiasco and just beg them to choke to death.

Advertisement
Don Donna is a boss. She saw an opening when some of the ncaa's malfeasance was discovered, and she absolutely crushed them. In jiu jitsu parlance, she choked them out with their own gi.

For all the morans who think it was her desire to destroy the football program, I ask that you choke to death on a c0ckburger this afternoon. A simple request. Instead of chewing the c0ckburger like you usually do, just swallow it whole and asphyxiate yourselves.

Next time one of those dumb piece of sht morans, who holds a grudge against her because they hate Bill Clinton, goes off on Don Donna (and trust me it's coming down the road after the heat of her victory here dies down), please cite them to her handling of this sordid fiasco and just beg them to choke to death.

Look at the facts, where are we today? Most posters need instant gratification and spew ****. With patience and faith look at the outcome, and those who wanted her head know who they are. She has done an outstanding job with this investigation, hiring of Golden and enhanced the academic level of the University. Student, Alumni and fans should be proud of our university and being cane fan and Alumni, Donna and Don are perfect for the University, JMO.

I'll be honest, before this whole situation, I was not a fan of Donna but after seeing how she stood up to the NCAA and never backed down, I am now a huge supporter

I'll be honest, before this whole situation, I was not a fan of Donna but after seeing how she stood up to the NCAA and never backed down, I am now a huge supporter

Respect for your candor, how about the rest of the Donna haters, where are you.

I've never expressed a like, or dislike for her. But, she certainly handled this one well. No doubt about it.

Advertisement
I still think that Golden had a lot of input. He knew the team and what he was trying to build, and it just wasn't there when he got here. Looking at the allegations, self-imposing two meaningless bowls, especially with sub-par teams, was genius.

Lets not act like she didnt learn a few things through this process. (Coker, Shannon).

But mad props overall

When I read the OP's initial post all that came to mind was...

tumblr_m18am82YpO1qglwtqo1_500.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

The way she handled the whole Nevin Shapiro fiasco is the reason why we are now ecstatic, celebrating our best season since 2005 with much hope and excitement.
Her full cooperation with the NCAA, transparency, ability to be proactive and looking ahead with clear vision and smart PR campaign through the whole thing all showing the result now.

Self imposed ban of two "irrelevant" bowls in two down years, while painful at the time proved to be stroke of genius. Look at us now.
Every UM fan is very grateful to coach Golden for how he dealt with the whole situation and deservedly so, but we should also be very grateful to the university president. Without her leadership we could have found ourselves in very tough times for many years to come.

She did good job handling getting the ship of the reed. However, do not forget she is the captian of the ship who let it get on reef. Very glad she could clean up her mess.

Advertisement
I'd like to take this opportunity to issue a special THANK YOU to Maria Elena Perez as well.

If not for her stupidity and greed......yesterday could never have happened. The NCAA had budgeted $15K for her and when she submitted a bill for $57k.....alarm bells went off. If not for that one fateful move which brought her participation to light - Don Donna would not have been able to do such excellent work.

Oh...and also a special **** YOU!! to Ameen Najjar.

GO CANES!!!!!

She did good job handling getting the ship of the reed. However, do not forget she is the captian of the ship who let it get on reef. Very glad she could clean up her mess.

I know some people still hold her responsible for hiring Shannon and Coker. But we have to remember she is a university president who's responsibility goes far beyond athletics, who normally delegate much of the athletic department's decisions to the athletic director and who screwed up big time. She learned from her mistakes, like a good boss does and did an amazing job of righting the ship.

Love it. If ohio state admin was smarter, they do the self impose bowl game the year before and last year they play for the national championship. Lmao at stupidity. Karma.

Advertisement

I know some people still hold her responsible for hiring Shannon and Coker. But we have to remember she is a university president who's responsibility goes far beyond athletics, who normally delegate much of the athletic department's decisions to the athletic director and who screwed up big time. She learned from her mistakes, like a good boss does and did an amazing job of righting the ship.

Great leaders never hire bad employees. Everyone they hire must be incredible, or they suck.

I'm in her corner, but we have to remember this happened on her watch. Our lack of compliance with all the talk about how good it was is pathetic. We got lucky here. I hope we learned a lesson and this isn't repeated anytime soon. Full steam ahead.

I'm in her corner, but we have to remember this happened on her watch. Our lack of compliance with all the talk about how good it was is pathetic. We got lucky here. I hope we learned a lesson and this isn't repeated anytime soon. Full steam ahead.

Yes because no one else got duped by Sh1tzero. This "it happened under her watch" rap will be the new mantra to subtly take shots at Don Donna while acting impartial on her.

This was one rogue scumbag who operated in the shadows away from the program. It was not a systemic problem. It was one rogue scumbag, who just happened to bilk a lot of really smart business people out of their money too.

No argument there. What I was trying to say she has done an amazing job in correcting past mistakes. Maybe she wasn't paying much attention to the athletic department when she got on board. Arguably,one of the most powerful AD's in the country was running the show. Paul Dee was active in the NCAA, being a member of the NCAA's committee on infractions. He should have done a better job in running his department. Not trying to excuse her from what happened at that time, but Dee was there before she was hired as a president.

Advertisement
Back