Crowd

Advertisement
I'm sure we'll hear plenty of excuses why people aren't there. Fact is it's embarrassing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Smallest crowd out of the first 4 home games but I definitely wouldn't characterize it as embarrassing. Didn't seem to be as many opposing fans here today as I've seen at other games, so that plays into it a bit.

Last edited:
Smallest crowd out of the first 4 home games but I definitely wouldn't characterize it as embarrassing. Didn't seem to be as many opposing fans there today as I've seen at other games, so that plays into it a bit.

I think you'll see some empty stands for the rest of the year. People in Miami have better things to do than to show up and see a half-assed effort

Advertisement
Not bad. Late arriving but much better than it appeared it would be, even 15 minutes before kickoff.

Plenty of energy in the stands, particularly given the lackluster effort on the field. Given any excuse at all the fans tried to will the Canes back into the game.

I have to say the stadium was the star tonight. Perhaps this stadium needs mid October or beyond. It was surprisingly pleasant. I'd say shockingly pleasant, unlike any of the previous games. I literally looked around a half dozen times to see if fans had been installed on short notice. There was actually a nice breeze in the low upper deck, where I sit. I saw some spectators fanning themselves in the lower bowl but not nearly the numbers from earlier. The wind wasn't reaching the streamers atop the goal posts. But wherever it was coming from I hope the same wind conditions apply to every game. Must have been a perfect combo of height, persistence and miles per hour.

The dark clouds approached steadily from the east late third quarter. Now that looked awesome. Like a Hitchcock movie. You could see the stadium would soon be drenched. Nobody cared. Well, close to nobody. The lower half of the west end zone scattered upward. Likewise the first few rows of the east end zone. That side was aided by wind direction as opposed to the west.

In my area we were talking about how a similar storm in previous years would have emptied our entire section, save a few of us who tolerate a drenching.

That stadium was great I don't think there's a bad seat in the house I felt a good vibe from the crowd I felt like I was around family I will be coming back.

Advertisement
I was in section 144, row 1. There were some empty seats up top. But the lower section was full. Crowd was loud!!! It was the loudest I heard it in awhile. The rain scared some people off, we didn't leave. Just sat there soaking *** wet cheering on the Canes. Yeah we lost, but that was a fun game to be at!

The fans did their job. Great turnout and made lot of noise all the way to the end. A+ for the fans. Hope next game is same thing.

Advertisement
Back