Cross over opponents/ACC Schedule

miamilaw07

Redshirt Freshman
Let's play this game while we still can (ie - before we suffer a terrible loss to a lessor team)

If we are going to contend for the Coastal (big IF), it will probably be between us, VT, GT and Duke with GT being the obvious favorite. The schedule difficulty, if there are that many contenders, could be the deciding factor.

Crossover opponents:
GT/Miami - both have FSU and Clemson
VT - NC State and BC
Duke - Boston College and Wake

If we are going to contend for the Coastal, it will probably mean we are better then VT and Duke and we luck out that GT has to also face Clemson and FSU. Considering we get VT and GT at home, and Duke essentially has no home field advantage (though we typically don't either), it will be interesting to see if the softness of VT and Duke's schedules will be enough to give them an edge in winning the division. If, all things being equal, Duke or VT are one of the top two teams in the Coastal, I would expect their schedule to put them over the top.

Advertisement
My pick to win the ACCCG is either of the Techs.

IF we manage a 9-3 season, my guess is our losses are FSU, Clemson, and the Tech that wins the Coastal. We might even tie for the Coastal but the Tech gets the tiebreaker over us. Good chance that it is GT, even if they also lose to FSU and Clemson and drop one to UNC or Duke like VT/GT does every year.

VT has a pretty favorable schedule this year if they bounce back from last year.

Let's play this game while we still can (ie - before we suffer a terrible loss to a lessor team)

If we are going to contend for the Coastal (big IF), it will probably be between us, VT, GT and Duke with GT being the obvious favorite. The schedule difficulty, if there are that many contenders, could be the deciding factor.

Crossover opponents:
VT - NC State and BC

If we are going to contend for the Coastal, it will probably mean we are better then VT and Duke and we luck out that GT has to also face Clemson and FSU. Considering we get VT and GT at home, and Duke essentially has no home field advantage (though we typically don't either), it will be interesting to see if the softness of VT and Duke's schedules will be enough to give them an edge in winning the division. If, all things being equal, Duke or VT are one of the top two teams in the Coastal, I would expect their schedule to put them over the top.

I don't see Duke in the running at all. Between losses from graduation, and losses due to injury, they are not going to be the same Duke team as the past two years.

Crossover opponents:
VT - NC State and BC

Al could beat FSU, Clemson and GT and STILL find a way to lose the Coastal. Remember, losing games there is no way in **** he should is his strong suit.

Advertisement
crossover games move more in our favor in 2016/2017

playing FSU every year does us no favors(compared to who other teams have to play every year)

but we should still be beating these other coastal teams with relative ease, so not really an excuse.

If Gatech wins it, then we dropped the ball badly.... Their schedule is the hardest...

It should be Vatech by schedule....

Advertisement
Back