'Crootin "Information" vs. "Expectation"

The staff shouldn't have started raising expectations with their watch the close nonsense. It was a big mistake and now it'll be virtually impossible to look like they had a successful NSD in the eyes of very many fans. Reporters shouldn't be implying theyre all coming. Fans should understand CBs are BS.

Agree with this. Coaches set themselves up to catch flak if a couple of guys bail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rely didn't understand what they were trying to accomplish with the #.
It all downside if it doesn't work out the way you hope it does and with how flacky these kids are they should know better.
If they wanted to create buzz it's a stupid way to do it.
If these players are coming and they start committing it creates buzz on it's own.
Nail meet hammer.

Advertisement
The staff shouldn't have started raising expectations with their watch the close nonsense. It was a big mistake and now it'll be virtually impossible to look like they had a successful NSD in the eyes of very many fans. Reporters shouldn't be implying theyre all coming. Fans should understand CBs are BS.

Perhaps, but the alternative is posting NO recruiting information until NSD since nothing is ever settled until then lol. As much as I hate myself, I've been clicking "refresh" every 30 seconds all day. I don't blame Pete for telling us to "Watch the Finish" or whatever - it's his job to relay information as he gets it. When he posted that, the information was favorable. The information is now changing. It is what it is.

I'm not blaming Pete.. he tells whatever he is told. My gripe would be with an overconfident coaching staff.

Exactly. Pete tells us what he hears. And IMO what he hears is a very optimistic scenario for our recruiting. I've been following recruiting for so long that I've learned to discount the information we get. The dream class that fans mentally ********** over never happens.

Perhaps, but the alternative is posting NO recruiting information until NSD since nothing is ever settled until then lol. As much as I hate myself, I've been clicking "refresh" every 30 seconds all day. I don't blame Pete for telling us to "Watch the Finish" or whatever - it's his job to relay information as he gets it. When he posted that, the information was favorable. The information is now changing. It is what it is.

I'm not blaming Pete.. he tells whatever he is told. My gripe would be with an overconfident coaching staff.

Herein lies the issue. Pete is a young guy, who is passionate about the U and who largely relies on the coaching staff and support staff as his beacon of truth. He's presumably fed information they want out and in such a way that they feel comfortable releasing. That's all good. It's probably a reach labeling Pete a reporter or expecting him to dig much beyond what coaches tell him for fear of being cut off. This a free site, so absolutely no complaints. And the good news is the product remains more reliable than the nonsense people pay Furball for.

Where would you have him dig? There are no facts in recruiting until signing day. Everybody except the recruit is getting info second hand or worse, and nobody but the recruit knows where he'll end up. Even parents don't always know or are in on the con with the kid. It's not like there's a document somewhere that tells the future and Pete just needs to try harder to find it. So blast Pete or the staff if you want, but all they can go on is what the kid tells them. Looks like these two clown DBs told both Miami and uf that they were ready to sign, so how is either staff supposed to know the truth?

I think the problem that most fans have with analyst is that they are chasing the "breaking news" theme to much. Therefore, their entire focus is on the top 1 or 2 guys at that position. I feel like they have been around long enough to know that we are not going to pull the majority of those kids. When we tally up this recruiting class we will have very few if any of those guys. So I suggest that the majority of the focus be on the second tier guys because that is whats going to make the class as a whole. Then the fanbase will feel like you are doing your job as an analysis and not running with the front runners who we are just not in a position to get.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back