Cronkrite Talks Miami

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
The Westminster warriors are a team that features several different athletes including 2015 ATH Tim Irvin, but one prospect who is gaining reputation is sophomore Jordan Cronkrite.

Cronkrite is one of the many prospects on the Warriors team who plays both sides of the ball and had a good season despite a season plagued with injury.

“My season went alright, it wasn’t what we hoped for, I was injured through most of it so I had to fight through it.”

Despite being hurt, Cronkrite still managed to put up good numbers in the games he played in as he ran for nearly 800 yards on 85 carries along with three hundred yards receiving and racked up 55 tackles on defense.

Cronkrite does have one goal going into next season, as he wants to work on being a leader.

“I want to take more of a leadership role, like my coach told me. I want to lead by example on the field and in the weight room.”

Cronkrite is a rising junior and has been in contact with several schools such as Miami, Florida, Mississippi State, Georgia Tech and Alabama.”

Cronkrite has interest in Miami as he grew up rooting for the Hurricanes.

“I grew up watching them, ever since I started playing football. I like the campus, it’s really outgoing and I also like the work ethic of the players.”

Cronkrite has spoken with Miami Coach Paul Williams and has high remarks for the defensive backs coach.

“He tells me to keep doing what I do on the field, but to remember that school comes first.” and “I think he is a cool guy, but when it comes down to it, he likes to win.”

Cronkrite has three visits planned to Alabama, FSU and possibly Georgia.

While Cronkrite has no decision date set in mind, he does know what he will be looking for when he chooses his school.

“Probably early playing time as a freshman.”

Advertisement
Kid is legit. Irvin gets a lot of the attention, but this will be somebody we hear about in the offseason circuit.

Advertisement
Great, great kid ... Right attitude, work ethic, etc. Doesn't have the best feet, but does have a quality burst, and great long straight line speed.

One of the things about Jordan that separates him from Tim is his frame. Whereas Tim probably won't get much bigger, Jordan has a tremendous frame.

Agree with Tito that we will be hearing this name more as he progresses.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back