"Cristobal Would Lock Down South Florida"

252cane

All-ACC
A recruiting site i believe it is doing a poll and aśked high school coaches about cristobal. Everyone they talked to so far said "he would lock down south florida".

I know he is a good recruiter but had no idea that coaches, recruits and etc liked him that **** much. He would be great on butch staff as an assistant.

Advertisement
I think what they really meant to convey was that Crisalbal ought to be locked up in South Florida

He would. But he isn't a great coach. Remember Tom lemming said Al golden was a top 5 recruiter. He might have been but when you are not winning the recruiting pitch loses its luster.

How do you hire a guy who was employed by Um for three minutes before he took another job? I would never hire a guy who left like that.

Advertisement
You get recruits by winning and putting together a good product.

Golden is just as good of a recruit as anyone but he is a **** coach.

Cristobal - 6 yrs at FIU - 1-11, 5-7, 3-9, 7-6, 8-5, 3-9. Overall coaching record: 27-47

Nothing else needs to be said.

Advertisement
Saw in barry Jackson's article he mentioned Shula from the Carolina Panthers and he could bring Dorsey with him.

Saw in barry Jackson's article he mentioned Shula from the Carolina Panthers and he could bring Dorsey with him.

I would personally drive down from Montana and clothes line that mother ****** Shula (and anyone responsible for his hire) if he were the guy.

Advertisement
He would. But he isn't a great coach. Remember Tom lemming said Al golden was a top 5 recruiter. He might have been but when you are not winning the recruiting pitch loses its luster.

hes not a top five recruited foh with that ****

To play Devil's advocate, maybe he worked long enough with Al Golden to realize that he wasn't going to learn anything from him and that the Temple experiment was doomed in Coral Gables. Maybe he decided that he would be better suited to learn from someone that has a much stronger resume and then eventually he could return to UM and turn the program around after the Golden tenure and keep great relationships with the local coaches and recruits.

I'm not endorsing Cristobal for the job at UM, but I do give him and Kiffin credit in accepting the positions at Bama to continue to learn from one of the best in the business. Kudos to those guys for continuing to hone their skills instead of continuing to think they are the cat's meow as far as head coaches.

One thing is for sure, if Miami cannot take emotion out of this hiring search then they will continue to make decisions with cloudy and biased judgement.

How do you hire a guy who was employed by Um for three minutes before he took another job? I would never hire a guy who left like that.

Advertisement
To play Devil's advocate, maybe he worked long enough with Al Golden to realize that he wasn't going to learn anything from him and that the Temple experiment was doomed in Coral Gables. Maybe he decided that he would be better suited to learn from someone that has a much stronger resume and then eventually he could return to UM and turn the program around after the Golden tenure and keep great relationships with the local coaches and recruits.

I'm not endorsing Cristobal for the job at UM, but I do give him and Kiffin credit in accepting the positions at Bama to continue to learn from one of the best in the business. Kudos to those guys for continuing to hone their skills instead of continuing to think they are the cat's meow as far as head coaches.

One thing is for sure, if Miami cannot take emotion out of this hiring search then they will continue to make decisions with cloudy and biased judgement.

That's great. Let him ply those newly learned skills at another program. UM needs a proven commodity at this point as the program is on life support.

Cristobal recrutied under a Saban run Alabama team that Hellen Keller could pick up 5 stars. You win you get people. It is easy. I would hate Cristobal here.

In his defense, a case could be made that in the short time he was here (about a month) Cristobal came to realize that Golden was basically clueless and that if he (MC) wanted to advance his career then he needed to cut ties from Golden as soon as possible. If that were so, then i can't really blame him. Having said that, i'd still rather have someone else as the next coach. Miami needs a proven winner and not someone who was last seen getting fired after going 3-9 a few years ago.

Advertisement
Back