Off-Topic Crime 2.0

Advertisement

Taylor Swift GIF by PeacockTV

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s time to start treating gender dysphoria as the mental illness that it is.
Are you saying all Trans people are mentally ill (like, say, Olympic decathlon gold medalist and staunch GOPer/Trump endorser, Bruce/Caitlin Jenner)? Or only some?

Advertisement
I think I made myself pretty clear. Gender dysphoria is a mental illness and needs to be treated as such.
They may find it difficult to obtain treatment as I think the APA declared it not to be a mental illness a decade or so ago.

The APA has also gone on record recently as opposing efforts to change people’s gender identity, citing scientific research showing that such actions may be harmful.

So its all pretty much a mess.

Advertisement
They may find it difficult to obtain treatment as I think the APA declared it not to be a mental illness a decade or so ago.

The APA has also gone on record recently as opposing efforts to change people’s gender identity, citing scientific research showing that such actions may be harmful.

So its all pretty much a mess.
I’m pretty sure it became an illness in the 80s and that’s never changed. What changed is what they called it, not the actual whether or not it was a legit diagnosis. Unless I’m mistaken, that’s what you’re talking about.

I’m pretty sure it became an illness in the 80s and that’s never changed. What changed is what they called it, not the actual weather or not it was a legit diagnosis. Unless I’m mistaken, that’s what you’re talking about.
Who knows? Semantics? Beyond my intelligence to claim any real understanding. Glad my family never had to deal with this. Sounds like a living **** to go through for anyone.

Who knows? Semantics? Beyond my intelligence to claim any real understanding. Glad my family never had to deal with this. Sounds like a living **** to go through for anyone.
It’s not semantics. It’s real life. There’s been treatment available for 4 decades and instead of acknowledging that it’s real, they’ve distorted the truth and ruined kids lives.

Advertisement
Back