Off-Topic Crime 2.0

Wtf

I guess there was a hero after all in the 6 yo school shooting…

Advertisement

1673149441085.gif

Don't worry about it. I'm sure there are plenty of jokes about it on open mic night in Chicago comedy clubs. They'll increase if stories like this crop up in other areas of the country like the Catholic controversy. Anytime those viewed as pious, above reproach, and who are given the responsibility of working with children commit crimes in that regard, they will be joked about and regarded with disdain. Of course, I hope the Chicago school board does not "hide" these administrators and teachers in other school boards around the country so they can do it again.

Actually, there have been plenty of jokes about "hot" female teachers having *** with pubescent boys, but they are viewed differently because most of us men actually wish a hot female teacher would have given us that opportunity at that age.
Oh, I get why they happen. I just find it strange that people love to paint the entire clergy based on a few bad apples, but teachers....

Advertisement
Oh, I get why they happen. I just find it strange that people love to paint the entire clergy based on a few bad apples, but teachers....
It wasn't just the few bad apples. It was the other apples who conveniently moved them to other congregations with little or no punishment. Who allowed them to continue preying on other victims. Plus, it was an issue that occurred throughout the US and the world as a whole.

If this continues in the education system, you'll see teachers getting the same treatment. I agree though, it sucks for the good clergy and teachers who are in the vast majority.

It wasn't just the few bad apples. It was the other apples who conveniently moved them to other congregations with little or no punishment. Who allowed them to continue preying on other victims. Plus, it was an issue that occurred throughout the US and the world as a whole.

If this continues in the education system, you'll see teachers getting the same treatment. I agree though, it sucks for the good clergy and teachers who are in the vast majority.
I'm aware of what went down, but it's in the past. Priests are all joked about as pedophiles. Teachers will always enjoy their preferred status regardless of how many get arrested. We've seen how many pedophiles and the media still paints any measure to prevent teachers from being given an opportunity to open that conversation as anti-LGBT. The academic community is behind the push to normalize pedophiles as minor attracted people.

Very few are willing to stand up lest they be ostracized. But that's exactly what the vast majority of good teachers needs to do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Have they yet determined how the 6 yo kid that shot the teacher in the chest in Newport News got the gun? The 6 yo old won't be charged; I'm sure the "supplier" will.

Can’t remember if we had a weed thread, but I think this fits here. We discussed some of the unintended consequences of it being legalized. Here they are. Couldn’t find if any or what charges were brought on the parents or guardians.

Advertisement
I don't think VA (or any State for that mattter) has a law about how a firearm must be securely stored, i.e., in a lock box, gun safe, etc.. Could easily be wrong about that.
I’m almost positive VA has one or more “CAP” laws (Child Access Prevention).

To your larger point, about half of the states have some sort of “Safe Storage” and/or “CAP” laws.

Advertisement
Back