Off-Topic Crime 2.0

in other words, pure bull****.
Exactly! Even for school shooters this guy's massacre was particularly heinous. Put his gun barrel right on the victim's body in many cases before pulling the trigger. Had planned this for years.

"Pre-natal alcohol syndrome" apparently swayed things a lot. Got to admit I hadn't heard that defense before. The killer's mom was a drunk and I guess the thought is her as yet-unborn child was damaged while in the womb.

Advertisement
Wow... just read the story. I didn't follow the whole trial, so I don't know what these "mitigating circumstances" were that would take the death penalty off the table. Anyone know?

His defense was that, I am not making this up, his mom drank while pregnant and he was “damaged”. He admitted to “finishing off” several kids and one liberal ***** felt sorry for him.

I’ve never actually heard of a payment system thinking they could fine someone for legal expression that their users are making…We have ordered most of the big tech firms and payment companies to provide us with information about how are they making decisions about who they take off their platforms but we also have to look into whether they believe they can be fining users for legal activity.”

Advertisement
Another officer killed... this is getting ridiculous...

I am looking forward to seeing the House election; DWS should still win, but my sense is that it will be much closer than previous elections, which have been landslides. Broward has become more Hispanic (trending R), Orthodox ****** (heavily R), and moderate Jews are also moving R.
She'll win this time, but it's not going to be a lock for the Ds in this area pretty soon. Some parts of Broward will be D forever but not the west.

Exactly! Even for school shooters this guy's massacre was particularly heinous. Put his gun barrel right on the victim's body in many cases before pulling the trigger. Had planned this for years.

"Pre-natal alcohol syndrome" apparently swayed things a lot. Got to admit I hadn't heard that defense before. The killer's mom was a drunk and I guess the thought is her as yet-unborn child was damaged while in the womb.

Fetal alcohol syndrome is not unheard of, there are probably hundreds of thousands of people that have suffered some form of it due to alcoholic mothers, yet they don’t become mass murdering psychopaths. Fūck this guy. I’d happily pull the switch if I could.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Probably not, but my wife and I (and rational common sense people) will be voting for Lee Zeldin in NY
I think population movement mitigates what would otherwise be advantages. Lose 500K people to moving to other states, and you can presume that a majority of them are Republicans. It’s a pressure release valve that attrits one party’s base more than the other, turning the state more and more one party no matter external factors.

Advertisement
I think population movement mitigates what would otherwise be advantages. Lose 500K people to moving to other states, and you can presume that a majority of them are Republicans. It’s a pressure release valve that attrits one party’s base more than the other, turning the state more and more one party no matter external factors.
U are probably correct, but I think it’s going to be much closer than most are expecting (think NJ gov race in 2020 that the R almost pulled off).

I’m def not predicting a Zeldin win, but I wouldn’t be completely surprised by a HUGE upset in deep blue NY

Advertisement
Back