Off-Topic Crime 2.0

Advertisement
Advertisement
The death penalty is dead in Broward County Florida. Planning a school shooting for 7 months and finishing off wounded children is not worthy of death in Florida's bluest county.........

And to add insult to injury, my taxes now go to support the mass murderer for the rest of his life.

Advertisement
And to add insult to injury, my taxes now go to support the mass murderer for the rest of his life.
Surprised and disappointed by the verdict. Only silver lining is the families won't be put through the endless appeals that a death sentence would have resulted in.

Surprised and disappointed by the verdict. Only silver lining is the families won't be put through the endless appeals that a death sentence would have resulted in.
WTF... no death penalty?!?

Is the death penalty not in Florida... cause if you can't kill that sic *** for what he did... then you'll never get a death penalty conviction

Is the death penalty not in Florida... cause if you can't kill that sic *** for what he did... then you'll never get a death penalty conviction
Wow... just read the story. I didn't follow the whole trial, so I don't know what these "mitigating circumstances" were that would take the death penalty off the table. Anyone know?

Advertisement

Florida has executed 99 people since 1976 (Ted Bundy being the most notorious I guess). For the USA, that's a lot!

Mitigating factors seem to hqve included the shooter's birth mother’s alcohol use, his adoptive parents' failure to get him proper psychiatric care, and his admission of guilt. When verdict was handed down, family members of victims were distraught; shooter was stone-faced.

Broward county is probably the most liberal county in Florida. Not a big surprise. These bleeding hearts apparently are easily turned by a mass murderer’s sob story.

Advertisement
Florida has executed 99 people since 1976 (Ted Bundy being the most notorious I guess). For the USA, that's a lot!

Mitigating factors seem to hqve included the shooter's birth mother’s alcohol use, his adoptive parents' failure to get him proper psychiatric care, and his admission of guilt. When verdict was handed down, family members of victims were distraught; shooter was stone-faced.
in other words, pure bull****.

Broward county is probably the most liberal county in Florida. Not a big surprise. These bleeding hearts apparently are easily turned by a mass murderer’s sob story.

I am looking forward to seeing the House election; DWS should still win, but my sense is that it will be much closer than previous elections, which have been landslides. Broward has become more Hispanic (trending R), Orthodox ****** (heavily R), and moderate Jews are also moving R.

Advertisement
Back