Off-Topic Crime 2.0

Advertisement
1678146033442.png

1678146090145.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Chicago election result portends impending showdown over policing​

Voters in Chicago denied Lori Lightfoot, who made history as the city’s first openly *** and Black female mayor, a second term amid concerns over rising crime, which increased by 41% between 2021 and 2022. Lightfoot, who cruised to office in 2019 on an anti-corruption platform, had been widely criticized for the high crime rate in America’s third-largest city.

No candidate in the Democratic stronghold clinched over 50% of the vote needed to win outright this week, so the two remaining candidates – both Dems – will go to an April 4th runoff, with the controversial issue of policing underscoring the stark divide between them. On one side is Paul Vallas, who has drawn criticism for past comments and for associating with the Windy City’s controversial police union leader. He promises to add hundreds of officers back to the police force if elected.

His challenger, Brian Johnson, favors investment in services like housing, education, and mental health over more policing. Amid rising post-pandemic crime in major US cities, political differences over investment in public safety measures will play an increasingly central role in US mayoral elections. We’ll be watching as Philadelphia and Houston head to the polls later this year.

Speaking of Chicago, I came across this podcast of a Cook County Sherrif that is using unconventional methods for law enforcement and is producing results. Interesting stuff because big issues like crime, education, healthcare, etc require innovative thinking rather than throwing money at it or using the same methods that haven't worked for decades. Worth a listen.

Do we send in SEALs for this sort of thing in LATAM?
We could, but in this particular situation probably not.

FBI HRT or CAG A-Squadron would likely be tasked with this recovery due to the fact that’s one of their primary AOR’s & they quite often are in Mexico, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico etc doing joint operational training exercises with the Fuerzas Especiales.

If Brian Johnson wins, chicago will be on a highway to ****.

If Brandon Johnson wins, a highway to police defunding
Brandon... ha! That's even better!

My bad, not sure where I got Brian from

But yeah, Brandon Johnson could actually be worse than Lori Lightfoot. Let's hope... for the sake of the City of Chicago... we don't have to find out!

Advertisement
I just did a project for Hyundai. One third of their current call volume relates to the thefts. It’s a real issue.
Oh yeah, I know it's a problem... but so is crime. And lax laws are making it happen more often

I just did a project for Hyundai. One third of their current call volume relates to the thefts. It’s a real issue.

My son has a Hyundai that has the correct technology, but the insurance company told me that all Hyundais are now considered high risk, because robbers dont know which ones have/dont have the anti-theft technology.

We could, but in this particular situation probably not.

FBI HRT or CAG A-Squadron would likely be tasked with this recovery due to the fact that’s one of their primary AOR’s & they quite often are in Mexico, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico etc doing joint operational training exercises with the Fuerzas Especiales.

I would not be in favor of risking American lives for 4 idiots.

Advertisement
Back