Credit Mark Walton Who Heard "the Noise" but Stayed Home

Cal jimmy

Sophomore
All you guys who want to burn down the house or whatever it takes to get rid of AG should pause and reflect on Walton's comments. (But I know you won't). Here is a guy who never wavered, stayed quiet and delivered on what he promised in a classy way. He says he heard all the negative noise, checked it out and stayed true.

It does confirm that these guys hear all the noise. It doesn't mean it's the fans fault and all that crap. It doesn't mean AG is the right guy who will turn this around. It does mean, in my opinion, that guys like Walton and the others who didn't play games with their commitment should be honored with our support.

Chasing away prospects hoping it hastens AG's departure isn't helping the program you say you love. Its a fool's errand. No one man is bigger than the program. You should encourage as many Mark Walton's to join and then, then if AG can't turn it around the admin will have no choice and he will be toast.

Find the link and watch the clip on you tube. Support guys like Walton.

NBC 6 Sports (@NBC6Sports)
2/4/15, 9:43 PM
From Booker T. to the U, @F5_DEUCE told @AdamNBC6 he's tired of the negativity #SigningDayOn6 youtube.com/watch?v=J20OPK…

Advertisement
Threads like this are not necessary. 99.9% of the fans voicing negativity regarding Folden absolutely support the players. The handful of dip****s who accost players and their families won't change their behavior because of you telling them not to. So, what's you're point? I can only assume that "supporting the players" in your mind means shutting the **** up about our ****** coaching and admin. Is that what you're saying?

As far as encouraging a kid to play for Golden? Nope. Won't do it. I wouldn't send my son to play for him so there's no way I'd encourage anyone else to do so. But I also wouldn't discourage anyone either. If they come to that decision and decide to play for the U, they've got my absolute, 100% support.

Advertisement
I hate Frauden, but I support every past, present and future cane. This issue with Frauden has nothing to do with the guys busting their tails every Sat.

Players are family. Al is not. Nobody will benefit more from better coach than the players. Canes use to get drafted by default higher than their talent because the league felt they came in as 3rd year players. Now they go lower because they need to be taught so much. I for one wanted great recruiting class. No amount of talent can help Al, he is in wrong conference and wrong section of the country not to mention he appears to just suck as a coach. I am very glad Mark is now a brother, but nothing can stand in the way of bringing fire to the feet of the BOT and next president. They must believe that the faithful will indeed rather burn the whole thing down than live in this shame. We must threaten their very membership in the ACC or at the least make their lives miserable. NO SPORTS without WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Fans and players are givers to the program and coaches are the takers

We need to stick by the players but if the coaches are just taking everything from the program and not giving back anything (wins) then we don't have to support them. That's how it works at any school in the country that cares about football. Yet, Golden wants the fans to "quit *****ing and accept the progress that has been made".. the progress that nobody can see and nobody in the admin or football program will mention because there is none. We have made progress towards moving down to FCS if that is the goal.

Advertisement
The real question is...Does being so negative about EVERYTHING concerning the program hurt the coaches/admins more or the players? And if the answer were the players, would you care?

IM down with being positive, but Al Golden and the Administration are the reasons for negativity. You let Nick Saban go 6-7 and lose 4 games straight after losing to Auburn. They would have a hard time keeping positive thoughts from filtering thru too.

The real question is...Does being so negative about EVERYTHING concerning the program hurt the coaches/admins more or the players? And if the answer were the players, would you care?

The real question is does retaining a ****** coach have more of a negative effect on the program than fans complaining about that ****** coach. Would you care?

Keep in mind, the fans have NOTHING to do with the win/loss record of a team. That's ALL on the coaches.

Advertisement
Walton hopes he'll be here when we get a REAL COACH for once. I just hope this kid's loyalty is well rewarded in the future.

I dont think 99.9 % of fans support the players. Do you read all the **** that is constantly talked on here? Its not all directed at Golden and Coach D either. Walton is going to be beast. Love this kid.

Advertisement
Credit him for what? He's a human being making his own decision.

He doesn't owe anybody ****, except himself. And nobody else owes him **** either.

Kindve weird how some grown men idolize 17 year olds before they play a snap for the team. And if you asked me, I'd say he made a pretty irresponsible choice.

YAAAY golden tricked him! Good for us!

If social media was around when Davis was coaching at UM this board would be the same...crying for Jimmy... there was no social media and we still heard the call for his head.. I know more than three kids that will not consider UM its not because Al Golden not even because of 6-7 but cause of some of the rhetoric that goes on here...Its a shame that Walton has to make a statement like that...I'm sure the noise he was talking about wasn't coming from the staff or the administration. .. everyone knows if you don't win you will eventually go..maybe not as soon as most wish but eventually .. If Al was to get fired UM will have to buy out.. it will be like UM paying two coaches until 2019...and most know they pay a low salary in comparison for one....do the math. Again thanks Walton cant wait to see you lace em up

If social media was around when Davis was coaching at UM this board would be the same...crying for Jimmy... there was no social media and we still heard the call for his head.. I know more than three kids that will not consider UM its not because Al Golden not even because of 6-7 but cause of some of the rhetoric that goes on here...Its a shame that Walton has to make a statement like that...I'm sure the noise he was talking about wasn't coming from the staff or the administration. .. everyone knows if you don't win you will eventually go..maybe not as soon as most wish but eventually .. If Al was to get fired UM will have to buy out.. it will be like UM paying two coaches until 2019...and most know they pay a low salary in comparison for one....do the math. Again thanks Walton cant wait to see you lace em up

i agree with you Mr. UknowWhat. however, it is now 2015. we DO have social media and have to deal and adapt to it.

Advertisement
Back