Creating excuses ahead of time in case Richt has a bad year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterfall

Band
Banned
I am seeing a lot of that on this board lately.

Everybody was talking about 9-3 or 10-2 a few days ago. Now it's talk about 7-5.

Advertisement
No excuse for 7-5 unless Kaaya goes down early. Even still, I think we can whoop most of the teams we play.

for some of us it is more of a reality factor.....something you've proven to know nothing about

Advertisement

Everybody was talking about 9-3 or 10-2 a few days ago. Now it's talk about 7-5.

Creating excuses and discussing valid concerns are two entirely different things. Having said that, 7-5 would be an abysmal failure by this staff. End of story.

for some of us it is more of a reality factor.....something you've proven to know nothing about

If the "reality" is that we hired a coach who couldn't do better than 7-5 this year then we shouldn't have hired Richt. We should have hired Butch Davis or Tom Herman or somebody else.

Richt went 8-4 his first season at UGA and 13-1 his second, won the SEC and finished #3 in the nation. UGA was 8-4 in the 2 years before Richt got there. I wonder if UGA fans called him a failure after 1 year.

I never saw us going 11-1, even with AQM and Grace, but I also don't see us going 7-5. I know 8-4 is not a huge step up from 7-5, but I could possibly see it. Not because those 2 were as valuable as Kaaya, but as Lu (I believe) pointed out elsewhere, Grace particularly, could (probably will be) the difference between stopping Dalvin Cook or Notre Dame's QB or UNC's on a key 3rd and 2 that will be the difference in a game or 2.

Before yesterday only two teams on our schedule had more talent than us. After yesterday only 2 teams on our schedule have more talent than us. The next factor being coaching. While there may be better coaches than Richt on our schedule, it's marginal and not enough to make a drop in expected wins acceptable. We aren't at a coaching disadvantage every time we take the field anymore. 11-1 or 10-2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Losing young, aqm, and grace is massive. Anyone still expecting 10 wins has problems.

Do i want 10 wins?. **** yea but im not expecting it anymore.

We won 8 games with Golden and an interim head coach. Huge upgrade in coaching staff, but we will only win 8 games because we lost 2 talented players (one of which isn't that big of a deal because the position group actually has a little bit of depth). Is our coaching staff really not as upgraded as we thought?

We won 8 games with Golden and an interim head coach. Huge upgrade in coaching staff, but we will only win 8 games because we lost 2 talented players (one of which isn't that big of a deal because the position group actually has a little bit of depth). Is our coaching staff really not as upgraded as we thought?

I agree with what youre saying for sure. But we didnt just lose grace and young. We lost any depth we had at LB. The 3 freshman are super talented but when was the last 10 win team that had to rely on 3 true freshman at 1 position group.

Losing Grace hurts more than losing AQM imo. In any case, the only single player that totally changes our season if of lost is Kaaya. All this will do is prove Richt's coaching ability. Some of these youngsters who were being stifled under Golden will step up. We have good athleticism if not experience and production. Once the inside DL dominate, we should be ok.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Assuming you're not a troll on your 25th name (big assumption), you need to follow another football program.
All the big talk aside, you probably don't contribute anything to UM athletics, much less show up to games, so
you're wasting everyone's time here.

Get Lost.

Was Richt a huge upgrade from Ray Goff? Was Nick Saban a huge upgrade from Mike Shula?

Advertisement
O

If the "reality" is that we hired a coach who couldn't do better than 7-5 this year then we shouldn't have hired Richt. We should have hired Butch Davis or Tom Herman or somebody else.

Give it a rest. Check Saban's first year at AL...and don't tell he wasn't the "proven" coach Richt is at the time.

Any fan that was being honest with themselves know Richt had a hill to climb with getting to know what he had, undoing bad habits and inheriting thin depth at some crucial positions. That depth just got thinner by 2 starting backers and a starting DE. This simply was not 3 freshman yet to see the field.

No reason to make crazy predictions as we can be ok minus injuries...but that now becomes even more imperative. Just reality.

UM

I thought we were past these FN haters? Please ban this douche!

Waterfall isn't a Miami fan just like most of the others who's join date is in the last couple of months. Nole or gator that just posts stuff to try and stir the pot. Don't fall victim to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back