Crazy thing about playing games with no fans.

9C6A79F5-014C-47BB-9CD4-1B9E2DA76E2B.gif

Advertisement
Over the past 5 years we are 35th in average attendance and have an 86% occupancy total. OP was a little off but not BAND worthy with the porst IMO

Advertisement
Hurricanes have been use to this for yrs this will just be same old same old. I think will be able to adjust better then any other team bc of this. I seen more fans at a pop warner game then what we have at the Hard Rock.
But it will get better after we win more than 10 games consecutive.
Are you familiar with the goat team of 2001?
the average home attendance for the 6 home games that year was 46k. And everyone in that team is a die hard mfing came to the bone that never ever once complained about it.
I once asked a former cane if the home attendance against shty teams bothered him. His response is what you would expect from a dude on that team. He said “if you can’t play with the same intensity if there is no fans or 100k then you do t belong on the team”. He went on to say that he came to Miami knowing that we only show up in mass when there is a big game. I’ve been going to games since the 80’s and I can tell you that more people show up to the famu and fcs games now then in the 80’s.
But sofla has the craziest and best crowds and game atmosphere than anywhere for the big teams. Ask FSU ask UF and **** sure ask ND. Ask the 53 home game winning streak.

attendance for shty games is the biggest excuse and the only excuse that other teams have left as well as the on campus stadium bs. The players that played here and are from here understand this more than the oos negative recruiting idiots that don’t live in a place like Miami. Yeah you want 100k fans for sister of the blind college and after the 1st qtr you have 3rd stringers and the crowd is bored af, barely cheering and leaving by half time.

Slightly off topic, but this has been a great equalizer with wrestling. WWE and Impact are both in the same circumstances....wrestling in front of no fans in a small warehouse-type building.

If there will be no fans in attendance, might as well play at Greentree. That's the only way the on campus stadium fans will ever get their wish.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hurricanes have been use to this for yrs this will just be same old same old. I think will be able to adjust better then any other team bc of this. I seen more fans at a pop warner game then what we have at the Hard Rock.
But it will get better after we win more than 10 games consecutive.
We know you don't go to the games now. Thank's for outing yourself.

Over the past 5 years we are 35th in average attendance and have an 86% occupancy total. OP was a little off but not BAND worthy with the porst IMO
That puts Miami ahead of about 100 other FBS teams in attendance.

Advertisement
Hiring Mark Richt and slapping a roof on the stadium in 2016 led to a decent couple years of better attendance, but the crowds in 2019 were awful.

Advertisement
Back