Craziest weekend in years

407cane

All-ACC
4 teams ahead of us lose to unranked teams, san diego state loses to boise state, florida loses. all around great.

FSU losing would have been cherry on the cake but technically them winning out helps us so eh.. idk

plenty of heroes tonight but if there ever was a day to survive it was today, Langham's heroics now have us sitting at #7 or #6 (if we jump ohio state) this time tomorrow rather than 20.

what a game changer, most excited I've been since 2005 Va Tech

we beat Syracuse and UNC then we may be in the first CFB playoff rankings due to undefeateds dropping

Go Canes

Advertisement
Survive and advance. Good teams find ways to win even when they don't play their best games. We did that today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we were ranked 11.

4 TOP 10 Teams lost this week.

We were like the only top 11 team picked to lose this week.

**** everyone.

So we were ranked 11.

**** everyone.

craziest part of it was... the teams ahead of us that lost had the easiest schedules remaining

Washington and Washington state had NOBODY but each other left

Clemson was gonna cake walk through everyone since they beat Louisville already

auburn lost to unranked lsu (but they shouldn't have been ahead of us anyways)

Oklahoma and USC almost lost as well so they didn't perform well enough to jump us (which was big since we played a close one too), san diego state lost so there goes an undefeated as well

only problem is ohio state being ahead of us with one loss which I think is likely

Advertisement
now we just need USF to blow it next week that way we can own the longest win streak in college football

So we were ranked 11.

**** everyone.

craziest part of it was... the teams ahead of us that lost had the easiest schedules remaining

Oklahoma and USC almost lost as well so they didn't perform well enough to jump us (which was big since we played a close one too), san diego state lost so there goes an undefeated as well

only problem is ohio state being ahead of us with one loss which I think is likely

I think we'll be ranked 8th.

Think Clemson is going to stay ahead of us at 7

So we were ranked 11.

**** everyone.

If I had to gamble, I'd say we go up to 8. Washington should fall down to 10 and since the Syracus loss wasn't the worst in the world because their QB got injured, they'll drop a few spots

So we were ranked 11.

**** everyone.

If I had to gamble, I'd say we go up to 8. Washington should fall down to 10 and since the Syracus loss wasn't the worst in the world because their QB got injured, they'll drop a few spots

**** didn't even think about Clemson

they bragged about beating 3 top 15 teams in September

but Louisville is no longer ranked

auburn now has 2 losses and SHOULD be unranked (only wins are Missouri, mercer, and Georgia southern)

and VT is decent

Clemson got the benefit of beating up on some overrated teams. public perception may put them ahead of us in the polls but they don't deserve to be. if we beat Syracuse we better jump those ****ers

Advertisement
Thinking to far ahead. For me I just want to make the ACC Championship game before I even think about playoffs. We don't have a championship team/all around talent in all honestly but we do have a team good enough to win the coastal and win 10 games despite only having 11 games this year.

Goals are:
Beat FSU > Win Coastal > Make a New Year Six bowl which would likely be the Orange Bowl. I don't want to go to the CFP just to get dropped 38-0 by Alabama or Ohio State. Rather go to a new year six bowl with the chance of actually winning an important bowl. We just ain't there yet.

Last edited:
Thinking to far ahead. For me I just want to make the ACC Championship game before I even think about playoffs. We don't have a championship team/all around talent in all honestly but we do have a team good enough to win the coastal and win 10 games despite only having 11 games this year.

Goals are:
Beat FSU > Win Coastal > Make a New Year Six bowl which would likely be the Orange Bowl. I don't want to go to the CFP just go dropped 38-0 by Alabama or Ohio State. Rather go to a new year six bowl with the chance of actually winning. We just ain't there yet.

we're as talented as Oklahoma and Washington and they've been there and were at least respectable

i'm not saying we're going to be in the CFB playoff, I was just saying it's crazy that we'll be in that conversation. two years ago we still had golden, here we are at least undefeated in mid October riding a ten game winning streak. just being in the discussion of the playoff is big for the program I think

Cant be concerned about Rankings. Tough road ahead to try to win out in the ACC . We could easily be 3-2 now. But we arent. Maybe it isnt such a close game with GT if he hadnt given them a 7 point gift.

Goals are:
Beat FSU > Win Coastal > Make a New Year Six bowl which would likely be the Orange Bowl. I don't want to go to the CFP just to get dropped 38-0 by Alabama or Ohio State. Rather go to a new year six bowl with the chance of actually winning an important bowl. We just ain't there yet.
OSU wasn’t as deep as Miami in 2002. Sometimes you just have to ride with what you got.

Goals are:
Beat everyone > win everything > parade(s) in Miami.

And, I would rather get dropped 38-0 playing in the CFP undefeated and having won the ACCCG (no offense meant, but **** the “Coastal”) than win a New Year’s Day game in the Orange Bowl. The LOWEST a teams final rank after playing in the CFP is 4, which means a higher end of season rank than winning Jan 1. (Plus, EE’s sign before all of that)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back