Craziest recruiting year ever?

BeastMode

Junior
I have been following recruting since 2001 and I must say this year there has been more up and downs and just downright trolling than I can ever recall. Does anybody else feel this has been a crazy year? I cant imagine how these coaches deal with all this.

Advertisement
08 was a fun one cause we pretty much got evrybody but man did they suck when they got here hahaha. I do remember waking up early to see where Streeter and Washington were going to go. Also us flipping Cookie from Fla on the last day and getting CJ Holton from FSU. I really thought that team was going to take us back to the top ****

Advertisement
This year and parts of 2008, mainly with Ramon Buchanan and Lerentee McCray recruitments. But this year down the stretch is nuts,.

Like someone else said, 2014 will be even more ridiculous because the talent that is heavy at the top. I personally think that there are 5 guys who are impact guys in the mold of AC and 6. Sony, Dalvin, McDermott, Khairi Clark, and Lane is RETARDED. Then when you consider that they are all in our hotbed, it's insane.

social media.

we have more access to recruits than before so every little thing they say we analyze it.

For example.. Kirkland was having some girl issues during his OV and this board was analyzing poor kids every letter!

Advertisement
i think this year is craziest cause some much LOCAL talent is torn is uncommitted late in the game

Bryant
Collins
Coley
Kirkland

craziest recruitment for a player will always be patrick johnson from ely

05 was crazy. We had the whole Marcellus Bennett roller coaster only to sign Farr, who sucked but was highly rated. Dee Morley and the street agent pushing kids to the Vols, which tied into the Kenny Phillips recruitment. Reggie Youngblood committed out of nowhere and was a top 20 national kid. Also the Fred Rouse recruitment and of course Antone Smith.

Advertisement
This year may well be crazy, and 08 may have been too.....

But when Demarcus Finnegan is getting recruited in 2015, all bets are off. Thats gon be a rollercoaster forrealz

05 was crazy. We had the whole Marcellus Bennett roller coaster only to sign Farr, who sucked but was highly rated. Dee Morley and the street agent pushing kids to the Vols, which tied into the Kenny Phillips recruitment. Reggie Youngblood committed out of nowhere and was a top 20 national kid. Also the Fred Rouse recruitment and of course Antone Smith.

this is a man that knows something about recruiting

Advertisement
Back