Covid may finally cause NCAA-Power 5 split

Advertisement
Unfortunately Emmert types will follow the P5.... they are part of the NCAA to protect the few powerful conferences...
like SEC and Big10

Advertisement
Please, oh please let this be true. If anything good comes from this COVID pandemic, would be the demise of the CCP and the NCAA.
Let the conferences govern each other, which would put some checks and balances in enforcement. And get rid of this corrupt organization.
Their whole existence has been built on the premise they are looking out for the “amateur” student-athlete(that bring in MILLIONS of dollars to that organization yearly).
What a joke! They are hucksters in for the money. They don’t give two fcks for the athletes, university’s or anything else. If you’re a school they promote for financial gain, they turn a blind eye, else you are screwed. They can’t even get there rules straight or their enforcement consistent.
It still boggles my mind how these powerful Universities have let this MOB govern them for this long.

So how would this work? Would we go back to the days of claimed & unclaimed national championships? Would UCF be the “FTW” champion as they crown themselves champions?

Like I’m asking a real question; b/c it was real weird on deeming who’s champion back in the day. Would it be strictly predicated on voters like coaches and writers? If so, what’s to prevent coaches from a certain conference having bias or writer for that matter?

Advertisement
I was thinking about this the other day. Sorry if this hijacks the thread, but it's on the same lines
I think there are TV deals up in 2027? Or something like that. and with the continued discontent with the NCAA, what do people think college football would look like in 7 years.
Is the $$ involved too large? The gap between the haves and have not's continues to grow. Does it exist in its current form?

Well, if a P5 split does happen, the Rock owns a league now....he could possibly shift gears and make it a college league.

Advertisement
So how would this work? Would we go back to the days of claimed & unclaimed national championships? Would UCF be the “FTW” champion as they crown themselves champions?

Like I’m asking a real question; b/c it was real weird on deeming who’s champion back in the day. Would it be strictly predicated on voters like coaches and writers? If so, what’s to prevent coaches from a certain conference having bias or writer for that matter?
It would be the same exact way we do it now. the NCAA doesn't award a national championship in football. The CFP does and before that it was the BCS. The NCAA just "recognizes" title winners.

UCF finished the season ranked #1 in the Colley-Matrix computer rankings. Colley-Matrix poll is recognized by the NCAA so technically UCF can claim a national title in 2017. It's generally frowned upon to claim national titles awarded by polls outside of the AP and previously USA today/UPI. Although Alabama has a few very dubious national title claims based on this exact reasoning.

The disagreement over if, when and how college football is played this season may be the final nail in the coffin.

The P5 commissioners are smart enough to see the big picture of needing the non-revenue sports to go on to allow the ruse of amateurism in college football to continue. It is nonsense and these are the conferences in a position to pay players or do the NIL with actual benefits. Emmert, however is not. That aside, the NCAA brings nothing to the table. These conferences can outsource the basketball tournament the same way they do the college football playoff and BCS.

Advertisement
It would be the same exact way we do it now. the NCAA doesn't award a national championship in football. The CFP does and before that it was the BCS. The NCAA just "recognizes" title winners.

UCF finished the season ranked #1 in the Colley-Matrix computer rankings. Colley-Matrix poll is recognized by the NCAA so technically UCF can claim a national title in 2017. It's generally frowned upon to claim national titles awarded by polls outside of the AP and previously USA today/UPI. Although Alabama has a few very dubious national title claims based on this exact reasoning.

But wouldn’t there need to be a governing body to synchronize chit?

But wouldn’t there need to be a governing body to synchronize chit?
Easily accomplished. Maybe a representative from each P5 conference and use the 5 person committee approach? The NCAA doesn’t really do anything for football besides halfway enforce their own weird rules.

This board grasp at one sports conspiracy after the next, always hoping to stick it to the man. I am selling tinfoil hats, $75 a pc. All proceeds go to my dog.

I just got this message when I clicked on this thread. Be careful!

1596491860908.png

Advertisement
Back