Covid & CFP rankings

canesstevealum08

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
Two weeks away. It will be fascinating to see how they treat both margin of victory and number of games played. I personally think since you don’t know your depth chart every week, this year winning is winning. Won’t be shocked if canes are top 8 two weeks from now.

Advertisement
Each Tuesday for the past couple of weeks, ESPN has been doing a "pre CFP" board. Unless some really unpredictable things happen , it's pretty much determined that Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson will be in the CFP. Now, if ND plays and BEATS Clemson in the ACC championship, it's likely they will be in instead of Clemson. The 4th spot seems to be the one still "up for grabs". This week UF and BYU seem to be the favorites for the last spot. Cincinnati was mentioned, too. If Clemson beats ND in the ACC championship and it's a close game, I could see ND getting that 4th spot. IF UF plays and beats Bama in the SEC championship, that will also present an interesting scenario.

The SEC schedule is looking like a mess right now; all the games cancelled for this weekend alone are causing huge scheduling issues. Those teams are all likely of little consequence at this point in terms of the SEC championship, though.

Miami just needs to keep winning. Hopefully they don’t like at the future as much as this board does. Got to take it one game at a time in this wild season of wuhan flu.

Two weeks away. It will be fascinating to see how they treat both margin of victory and number of games played. I personally think since you don’t know your depth chart every week, this year winning is winning. Won’t be shocked if canes are top 8 two weeks from now.
😎😉

Advertisement
Back