Courtel Jenkins

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Gregg Lerner ‏@GreggLerner 6h
DePaul DT Courtel Jenkins, a Miami recruit, has been big in middle for Spartans. Holy Spirit just tripled him on last run.

Gregg Lerner ‏@GreggLerner 5h
Courtel Jenkins going to Miami seems rather fitting. Has a Jerome Brown sense about him on D-line.

Okay big fella, okay :eekeyes:

Advertisement
FWIW, some cat who I dont like on Scout says he knows one of his coaches, and that Urban and OSU are HOT after Jenkins. Since he's blown up his Senior season, looks like some big boys are really after him now. Guy who posted it says Jenkins told OSU "stop calling, Im going to Miami". If that's true, Jenkins just rocket up even HIGHER on my list, and he was already pretty **** high.

Have a feeling this kid is going to be a HUGE surprise for us. This has all the makings of another Kaaya situation. Kid who we found early, and is now BLOWING UP. Im really excited about Jenkins. He has been overlooked with all the hype over Moten and Valentine, but dont sleep on this kid, I really think this kid is going to be a beast here.

Advertisement
I been saying it for a while dont be surprised if he out plays moten and valentine his work ethic is relentless he's going to be a stud for us

I hope you're right because we need difference makers at DT in the worst possible way.

Advertisement
I will say this right now. I think Jenkins is on the rotation NEXT year. I think he will play over Moten, and I would not be shocked if he played over Valentine, though I do think BOTH Jenkins and Valentine will be seeing serious playing time as Frosh. This kid is my pick for the surprise sleeper of this class. I think Jenkins is going to be a BEAST.

He eats up space but also penetrates very well

thats what she said

203.gif

DePaul Catholic (Wayne, N.J.) defensive tackle Courtel Jenkins has taken huge strides from his junior to senior year, as evidenced by his senior mid-season highlights. The 6-2, 315-pound Miami Hurricanes commit has successfully re-sculpted his body into the type of big, athletic frame, need to be dominant in the trenches. More importantly, he now moves s much better than he has at any previous point in his career.

In his mid-season highlights, Jenkins can be found making plays down the line of scrimmage, running down screen passes, disrupting the passing game and consistently disengaging blocks. Jenkins has become much more than a guy who eats up space and absorbs blocks to free up the second level of the defense.

He’s a bonafide play-maker for the Spartans' defense. He has improved upon his hand use and ability to keep offensive linemen away from his body. He is highly effective when utilizing the stack-release, a technique that calls for the defender to stack the offensive lineman at the line of scrimmage, remaining extended, then finding the football, getting off the block and making a play on the ball-carrier.

Jenkins has also improved upon his pad level and ability to bend at the knees. He has increased his explosion, balance and ability to change direction, flashing the potential to become an interior penetrator. And once Jenkins gets his prey in his grasp, that’s all she wrote. Check out his mid-year highlights here.

Follow me on Twitter @TodderickHunt

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/892274/highlights/87627377

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back